[SOLVED] Red Flashing Light

Jan 26, 2021
So I have 2x4gb Ram from HyperX and today I bought another one from HyperX 4Gb.
When I try to turn on the computer with the new ram it is flashing red and does not boot, I just have a black screen help me please
Hardware:
-I7-3770
-Motherboard P8Z77-V LX
-8GB HyperX Ram (without new ram)
-GTX 650 2GB Asus

Last edited:
Solution
Does the following link present the User Guide for your Motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8Z77-V/E7074_P8Z77-V.pdf

Do verify that I found the correct User Guide.

Memory is addressed starting on Physically numbered Page 2-5.

Two things:

1) You must doublecheck that the memory you installed is indeed compatible with/supported by the Motherboard. Check CAS latency per Bullet #4 Page 2-6.

Do so via the User Guide and by visiting the Asus website for updated information. Especially the website QVL (Qualified Vendor's List.)

2) Likewise double check the module installation. You are populating all four RAM slots. Some motherboards require that the first installed RAM be placed in a particular...

Ralston18

Titan
Does the following link present the User Guide for your Motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8Z77-V/E7074_P8Z77-V.pdf

Do verify that I found the correct User Guide.

Memory is addressed starting on Physically numbered Page 2-5.

Two things:

1) You must doublecheck that the memory you installed is indeed compatible with/supported by the Motherboard. Check CAS latency per Bullet #4 Page 2-6.

Do so via the User Guide and by visiting the Asus website for updated information. Especially the website QVL (Qualified Vendor's List.)

2) Likewise double check the module installation. You are populating all four RAM slots. Some motherboards require that the first installed RAM be placed in a particular slot. I did not note any such requirement regarding your motherboard. However, that may be buried in the fine print.

Determine if each RAM module (via A2) works individually. Then try in matched pairs. Old set first (which should work) then new set, by themselves.

Key is to methodically work through the modules to identify a possibly defective RAM stick.

Solution
Jan 26, 2021
I tried to only use the new ram, when i turn on a solid red light appears and when I click on MemoK!
It restarts and flashes.
That means it's damaged right?
I was looking for it and found that my processor only accepts 2 memories, so that can be the problem?