Question Red light in the top left of my motherboard

Aug 2, 2021
I am currently experiencing this issue as well and I have only seen it twice within the past few days. last time I just restarted my computer and the LED was gone. I was just wondering if you found what was actually wrong and what was causing this LED to appear and if you found a fix.

There is a solid red light in the top left of my motherboard. Right under my cpu power cable. There is nothing wrong of what I can see in the pc and when im on the computer.

I have a msi b450 tomahawk max.

I have no idea what it means so I hope you guys can help! Thanks in advance.

Here is a picture of it: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/656970788850761732/855124529739595776/image0.jpg
It's right next to the BIOS Flashback button. I wonder if it's the LED light that flashes during BIOS updates using flashback? If so...why a steady light during apparently normal operation? I wonder if it could be related to CPU fan operation? Does your AIO pump use the CPU fan header?

About the only thing I'd suggest is do a CMOS reset just to see if it goes away. If it does go away then make changes to settings iteratively, with periodic restarts, to see if it come back on and at what point.

Aug 3, 2021
The presence of a red light on your motherboard indicates that there is hardware inside your computer that is not properly connected or not functioning as expected. If the light is on, you have to run through all the components of your computer to determine what the problem is. you can read here for more technical stuff.