Question Red light on CPU, no display after installing new SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2022
So ive bought myself a new Kingston NV1 M.2 NVMe SSD - 1TB and after i installed it earlier i cant get any display on my monitor. So i took out the SSD and now my motherboard shows and CPU error. Since I've installed my CPU a couple of months ago I've had no problems at all and during my installation of the new SSD I haven't touched any of the cables going to the CPU on the motherboard.

My setup is

Motherboard: msi h510m-a pro
CPU: i7 11700k
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 1070
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 C16 BK DC - 16GB

I´ve tried to boot it without GPU, USB or Sata cables connected (without the new SSD in), i´ve tried flushing the BIOS, hard resetting it by taking out the CMOS battery. I´ve tried booting with only one slot of ram, no ram at all, no CPU as well to see if it yielded any different results.

All without any luck. No matter what i try it´s the same everytime, PC turns on but no display at all, and the same LED lights up indicating a CPU error on the motherboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Camobuff1
So ive bought myself a new Kingston NV1 M.2 NVMe SSD - 1TB and after i installed it earlier i cant get any display on my monitor. So i took out the SSD and now my motherboard shows and CPU error. Since I've installed my CPU a couple of months ago I've had no problems at all and during my installation of the new SSD I haven't touched any of the cables going to the CPU on the motherboard.

My setup is

Motherboard:
You didn't post any system specs, however this sounds like you installed the nvme into the wrong m.2 port and in a since put the bios on standby mode trying to figure out what's fully going on. Have you tried to clear your bios and put the m.2 card in an other port?

Aug 27, 2022
You didn't post any system specs, however this sounds like you installed the nvme into the wrong m.2 port and in a since put the bios on standby mode trying to figure out what's fully going on. Have you tried to clear your bios and put the m.2 card in an other port?

Updated the post. I can see online that my motherboard should have another slot for the SSD, though i can´t seem to find it. The slot i´ve found is right next to the GPU slot. (EDIT) Found the second m.2 port and it´s not the right one, SSD dosen´t fit there at all, so i´ve installed it in the correct slot.

I have tried to short the jump caps (I think they are called) with a screwdriver. I also tried taking out the CMOS Battery, holding down the power button for 30 sec, waiting 5 minutes and then starting it up again to no avail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.