Red Nexus 5 Slated to Arrive in Time for Valentines' Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007

Can red not be rad??

Yeah, right? I got the white one (tired of always getting the same black phone, I suppose) and I don't ever see it. So silly.

shotgunz

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
So possible cracked/shattered screen > using a case?If I didn't case my phone, it would have a cracked screen from all the times I dropped it face flat.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Can confirm previous comments, a broken Nexus 4 from a friend in front of me. Small drop from half a meter, shattered back (covered in glass) and screen (Gorilla Glass, my a...), doubt the Nexus 5 is much better. Get a good case able to absorb impact and be CAREFUL with it. Or better yet, don't buy into Google's no-SD-card BS and get another phone. (Though sadly, nothing so cheap and powerful)

randomizer

Champion
Can confirm previous comments, a broken Nexus 4 from a friend in front of me. Small drop from half a meter, shattered back (covered in glass) and screen (Gorilla Glass, my a...), doubt the Nexus 5 is much better.
No, the Nexus 5 isn't any better. The glass is the most brittle material encasing the phone. I don't see why you'd expect it to survive being dropped without any sort of shock absorption. Don't drop your phone and it won't shatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.