Red October Malware Comes Back To Infect Windows Phones, Android, And Jailbroken iPhones

Status
Not open for further replies.

webdev511

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2005
I'm calling BS with the Title and Story because neither of the sources says anything about Windows Phone being susceptible.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I'm calling BS with the Title and Story because neither of the sources says anything about Windows Phone being susceptible.

Even if it was susceptible it doesn't seem like it would be likely to happen very often. I don't even know anyone that runs an unlocked WP device. It generally isn't necessary... it runs well in stock form even on lowend devices. Also, you can take an unmodified WP device and uninstall carrier/manufacturer apps. Developers can get their phones unlocked, if course. But I doubt they'd be installing random unknown apps from an untrusted source.

I'm not embarrassed. I'm sure most people would need to do the search to find out what the word means, i just couldn't be bothered as i don't think there would be a reason to ever use the word, nor have i ever heard anyone use it previously. The writer of the article should use less obfuscating words.....

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
It is precisely that refusal to bring less used words in to more common use that is reducing peoples' familiarity with the wider lexicographical content of the English language. We are all worse off for that lack of precision in communication. 'Obfuscated' has an implied choice by the obfuscator to hide a thing where 'hidden' does not imply that choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.