Red screen crash after mouse stopped working

Apr 4, 2018
I was about an hour into playing Killing floor 2 when my mouse stopped moving. The LED lights on my Razer Deathadder stopped working as well as the sensor, I unplugged the mouse in an attempt to plug it back in to see if it just needed a different USB port. Within a few seconds of unplugging the mouse My screen went red and made a low "drrrrr" sound, followed by a restart. This has never happened before and hasn't happened since on BF4, Steep, or Fortnite so I believe my system is still in solid shape.
I updated all my Drivers and made sure all software is up to date.
PC specs:
z170-a motherboard
XFX RX 480 8GB
i5-6500
TX 750 m PSU

Solution
I assume PC isn't overclocked since its not a K model CPU (so why a Z motherboard?) - one fix for red screens is remove overclocks

I assume that is an Asus, Do you have latest BIOS?

Do you have latest version of Synapse?

IN cased it occurs again, can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

RSOD are same as BSOD (there is another color as well now) when it comes to where they store their info after...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I assume PC isn't overclocked since its not a K model CPU (so why a Z motherboard?) - one fix for red screens is remove overclocks

I assume that is an Asus, Do you have latest BIOS?

Do you have latest version of Synapse?

IN cased it occurs again, can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

RSOD are same as BSOD (there is another color as well now) when it comes to where they store their info after a crash.

Solution
Apr 4, 2018

I got a good deal on the Motherboard :p
I will update the BIOS now since I havn't done that since I built the PC. I will also play KF2 again and see if anything bad happens. I did update my mouse as well as turned off the interactive mouse settings that are incorperated with KF2 that allows the game to change my LED colors based on whats happening.