Question Red underlined words when writing in English on Italian Windows (SOLVED)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ralston18

Titan
As another experiment try copying some English and some Italian from another source (or sources) that do not have or show any underlining of any color. And are free of notable spelling and grammar errors.

Paste that text into the offending fields. What, if anything happens?

Then add in more (both languages) by direct keyboard entry. Type the same text as was pasted in.

Again the objective being to determine when, where, and why the underlining is appearing be the reason grammar, spelling, or simply something else.

TheFlyingCelt

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2015
As another experiment try copying some English and some Italian from another source (or sources) that do not have or show any underlining of any color. And are free of notable spelling and grammar errors.

Paste that text into the offending fields. What, if anything happens?

Then add in more (both languages) by direct keyboard entry. Type the same text as was pasted in.

Again the objective being to determine when, where, and why the underlining is appearing be the reason grammar, spelling, or simply something else.
Guys, I worked as a journalist in the past, and trust me, my Italian spelling and grammar are not that bad :tonguewink:
However, the issue occurs only when I write in English, as it's fine in Italian. Is my English that bad in this post? I'm asking as it's all underlined as I type.

TheFlyingCelt

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2015
I formatted the computer yesterday and installed Vivaldi right after. I doubt it's corrupted.
Well, it will remain a mystery for the time being.
Thanks anyway, guys.