[SOLVED] Red VGA light, No display

Haz311289

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
Hello,
When i turn my pc on i'm getting no display with the red vga light on constant, everything is lit up and running for what i can see. After a few restarts i can get the display on and the red vga light off, but what could be causing this as it seems to be getting worse?

The motherboard is a b450m TOMAHAWK and the graphics is a 2080ti

Thanks

Solution
PC has been running with no issue for 18 months or so, only thing that has changed is i have upgraded from 16gb ram to 32gb ram with all 4 ram slots no full could this be the problem. Never had an issue when the two 8gb ram sticks was in.

I do not have another pc to check the GPU it is connected via 1 power cable and has been running for 18 months no issue.

I may have to try and run with just the 2 sticks of 8gb ram again maybe to see if the problem pesists?

Thanks
If presently the 4 sticks are in the PC, I would try with only 2 sticks, but you have to sure that they are from the same kit

Haz311289

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor, 3200 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard: B450M Tomahawk
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.D0, 07/11/2019
Ram: Corsair CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz
SSD/HDD: 931GB Western Digital WDC WDS100T2B0A (SATA (SSD))
GPU: 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (NVIDIA)
PSU: Corsair RM650x approx 18 months old

Any ideas guys?
Is it new, and has never functioned ?
Functioned previously, and stop functioning ?
Bios version correct for you CPU ?
Is the power cable to your GPU correctly connected, and how many (1 or 2 ?) ?
Does the GPU function in another PC, or do you have another GPU to test in this PC ?
And by the way your RAM is not on the QVL with this motherboard / CPU combination. Try to boot with a single RAM stick in A2
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#support-mem-14
And furthermore this RAM is a 2 sticks kit. So you put 2 different kits in you PC ? Try booting with 1 Stick, and then with 2 sticks from the SAME kit

Last edited:

Haz311289

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
Is it new, and has never functioned ?
Functioned previously, and stop functioning ?
Bios version correct for you CPU ?
Is the power cable to your GPU correctly connected, and how many (1 or 2 ?) ?
Does the GPU function in another PC, or do you have another GPU to test in this PC ?
And by the way your RAM is not on the QVL with this motherboard / CPU combination. Try to boot with a single RAM stick in A2
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#support-mem-14
And furthermore this RAM is a 2 sticks kit. So you put 2 different kits in you PC ? Try booting with 1 Stick, and then with 2 sticks from the SAME kit

PC has been running with no issue for 18 months or so, only thing that has changed is i have upgraded from 16gb ram to 32gb ram with all 4 ram slots no full could this be the problem. Never had an issue when the two 8gb ram sticks was in.

I do not have another pc to check the GPU it is connected via 1 power cable and has been running for 18 months no issue.

I may have to try and run with just the 2 sticks of 8gb ram again maybe to see if the problem pesists?

Thanks

Thanks
If presently the 4 sticks are in the PC, I would try with only 2 sticks, but you have to sure that they are from the same kit

Solution

Thanks
Hmmmmmm.....maybe, juuuust maybe that could be your problem. I mean it's a long shot that since it worked prior to installing the additional RAM that it's your problem. I mean it would only make sense.
So you didn't even try to remove the additional RAM to see if that was the issue?

My car was working prior to me switching a few sparkplug wires around. I'm not sure what's going on.