REFILL INK CANON i950

Hello,
After looking around for refill inks for my i950, I have tried those
sold
my MIS (http://www.inksupply.com) and Atlantic Ink jet, and have found
the MIS inks to be superior. As with other inks I tried, the Atlantic
inks
had the same Magenta problem for me....browns tend to go red for
facial tones, etc...just too red. I did this using exclusively the
inks of one or the other.
Also found with Red River Polar gloss, that in the Gloss paper Pro
setting,
the photos had "banding" and with the regular Glossy photo paper
setting, this was eliminated, for now anyway.

Hope this helps somebody,
Mike

Ron

"Michael Bonnycastle" <mcastle70@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> After looking around for refill inks for my i950, I have tried those
> sold
> my MIS (http://www.inksupply.com) and Atlantic Ink jet, and have found
> the MIS inks to be superior. As with other inks I tried, the Atlantic
> inks
> had the same Magenta problem for me....browns tend to go red for
> facial tones, etc...just too red. I did this using exclusively the
> inks of one or the other.
> Also found with Red River Polar gloss, that in the Gloss paper Pro
> setting,
> the photos had "banding" and with the regular Glossy photo paper
> setting, this was eliminated, for now anyway.
>
> Hope this helps somebody,
> Mike

MIS doesn't even carry the BCI-24 cartridges or the refill kits to with
them. They're not even on the cross reference charts. Almost all the other
ink vendors carry these. Why doesn't MIS?

> > the photos had "banding" and with the regular Glossy photo paper
> > setting, this was eliminated, for now anyway.
> >
> > Hope this helps somebody,
> > Mike
>
> MIS doesn't even carry the BCI-24 cartridges or the refill kits to with
> them. They're not even on the cross reference charts. Almost all the other
> ink vendors carry these. Why doesn't MIS?

I see the BCI-24 cartridges listed with them...if they have
caratrideges, they should have the ink, they told me it's the same
stuff. If you havn't already a phone call might help with this.

> > > the photos had "banding" and with the regular Glossy photo paper
> > > setting, this was eliminated, for now anyway.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps somebody,
> > > Mike
> >
> > MIS doesn't even carry the BCI-24 cartridges or the refill kits to with
> > them. They're not even on the cross reference charts. Almost all the
other
> > ink vendors carry these. Why doesn't MIS?
>
> I see the BCI-24 cartridges listed with them...if they have
> caratrideges, they should have the ink, they told me it's the same
> stuff. If you havn't already a phone call might help with this.
>
> Mike

The 24s are listed as "aftermarket" cartridges. What's that all about? And
that's the only place I've seen them on the MIS site. Where did you see
them?

> The 24s are listed as "aftermarket" cartridges. What's that all about? And
> that's the only place I've seen them on the MIS site. Where did you see
> them?

Well, the aftermarket cartridges are just non-factory (non Canon)
cartridges,
these are the ones filled with their own ink. I used them and they
were fine..
I don't know why there arn't more listing for that particular
application, again I'd call them and see what they say, if you havn't
already. I've explored the refill inks enough, and these ones seem
the best so far for my application, color photos.

take care,
Mike

JustMe

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003

I have used Miss Inks for about 5 years now in my Canon's. The biggest
complaint about Miss is if you ask them a question you get NO answer. They
have NEVER answered an email question on their ink in the 5 years. One time
I called them up and got conflicting answers to my question and no real
answer. Although the inks have worked well in my various Canon printers.

> > The 24s are listed as "aftermarket" cartridges. What's that all about?
And
> > that's the only place I've seen them on the MIS site. Where did you see
> > them?
>

> Well, the aftermarket cartridges are just non-factory (non Canon)
> cartridges,
> these are the ones filled with their own ink. I used them and they
> were fine..
> I don't know why there arn't more listing for that particular
> application, again I'd call them and see what they say, if you havn't
> already. I've explored the refill inks enough, and these ones seem
> the best so far for my application, color photos.
>
> take care,
> Mike

Stevie

tHEN DONT CALL THEM!

"Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message news:p9adnXqHG696_OXd4p2dnA@golden.net...
> JustMe wrote:
>
> >I have used Miss Inks for about 5 years now in my Canon's.
>
> You evil bastard!
>
> Let her out!
>
> :)

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Stevie" <StR009@aol.com> wrote in message
> tHEN DONT CALL THEM!

Been using your fingers long?

Tom

bill

Tom wrote:

>"Stevie" <StR009@aol.com> wrote in message
>> tHEN DONT CALL THEM!
>
>Been using your fingers long?

The really funny thing is he didn't even catch the "MISS" joke.

:)

JustMe

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003

then splane it to me.

"Bill" <bill@c.a> wrote in message news:xeSdnW6gDdSDI-XdRVn-hw@golden.net...
> Tom wrote:
>
> >"Stevie" <StR009@aol.com> wrote in message
> >> tHEN DONT CALL THEM!
> >
> >Been using your fingers long?
>
> The really funny thing is he didn't even catch the "MISS" joke.
>
> :)

> MIS doesn't even carry the BCI-24 cartridges or the refill kits to with
> them. They're not even on the cross reference charts. Almost all the other
> ink vendors carry these. Why doesn't MIS?

I've been using my s820 ink that I buy from MIS for my #24 carts with
spectacular results. Both color and Black. I'm using the Photo Black
not the Canon 3e Pigmented black which #24 carts have.

I purchased #24 carts from Monsterink but found that the color was
totally off.
So I flushed out the carts with MIS (s820) ink and was happy as a
clam. It was worth buying the Monster carts for the cart, not the ink.

> I purchased #24 carts from Monsterink but found that the color was
> totally off.
> So I flushed out the carts with MIS (s820) ink and was happy as a
> clam. It was worth buying the Monster carts for the cart, not the ink.

I did fine with the prefilled cartridges MIS sells, but when I
refilled with their own inks(they originally said the prefills
contained the same ink, but later another employee told, no, the
prefills were out of China)I found, like all the others I have tried,
the magenta produces overpowering reds, and brown original colors turn
ugly red when printed. I'm hoping I can adjusted the printers driver
to help solve this problem....otherwise I may end up with a mickey
mouse solution of using Canon's own magenta cartridges..along with the
refill inks of the other colors....I did this in the beginning and it
worked fine....the problem is the Magenta. I expect the refill inks
would work fine for Normal digital photography, however the stuff I
print are often scans of graphics and photos that are more contrasty
than regular photography. I know the Canon inks produced just about
dead on color, and in the original head alignment printouts, the Canon
Magenta is clearly less intense then the refill.
In theory, if you use all refill inks, they will all balance
out..that's what they tell you....but this has not been true for me.