Question Refresh rate

Jun 15, 2023
So if my fps can only go up to 60 not because of my monitor just because that’s all my pc can handle if I buy a 240 hertz monitor how Will it effect my game I play valorant and my fps cant go all that high so if my max fps is 60 but the monitor is 240 will my game crash so I have to have 240 or it won’t work?

Short answer = no issue.

240Hz = 4 * 60Hz so the display would refresh 4 times on every frame if you're looking at fixed refresh rate.
If you have GSync/FreeSync capable GPU and monitor, you can run the monitor in variable refresh rate mode.
etc etc.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
You can actually set the refresh rate in 'Display Settings" (rt click on desktop) if you think there are going to be issues.

According to what your card and PC in general are would determine whether you can use the various sync modes or have to stick with V Sync.

Unless this is a gift, there are multiple ways to go before updating to a monitor you can't utilize. If you plan to do a system upgrade in short time frame and the price is good it certainly shouldn't 'hurt' performance.