Refresh removed files?

knoxville24

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
So i updated to windows 8.1 because people said it was better and was a little better to navigate than just normal 8. Without much of a suprize since windows 8 is already hell the update made my computer almost unusable. all the update really did was add a start bar that just took you to the old app screen. After spending hours trying to fix it i decided to just refresh the computer. After about 45-1hour it finished and the pc was back to windows 8 and it still had most of my items still on the computer aside from most of the applications i downloaded such as steam, origins, skype and other things of the sort. then i looked at my hard drive and realized that even after the refresh 715GB out 1Tb of the hard drive was still taken up. this is because i have many games and the old stuff installed. I was kinda hopeful that i would not have to re download all of them again and i then reinstalled steam and origins to just find out that the games had no files on steam and would make me reinstall them all over again. Then i looked all over my pc to try and find the files to see if i can just redirect their file location so i wouldnt have to download them again. The only problem is all i can find are saves and not the actual data on the games. I was just wondering if anyone knows where the computer put all the files because i cant find them anywhere and they are just taking up space that i will need and if they are usable that i can use them instead of reinstalling them all.