Question Regarding a shut down during streaming:

Mar 6, 2020
I built my rig probably two or three weeks ago.

msi b450 tomahawk max
EVGA RTX 2080 Super Black
r5 3600
4 Noctua nf-s12a's
dark rock 4 CPU cooler
850w Corsair 80+ psu

I've been playing since then, no issues. I started streaming, (Escape from Tarkov, Stardew Valley, Senua: Hellblade), with no issues until last night with Senua. Last night happens to be the first time I streamed Senua.

I had been playing for about an hour and a half when both monitors shut down, all fans (4+CPU cooler fan) went to 100%, and I believe audio cut as well. The main power button would not functionally shut it down, so I had to use the PSU switch.

I have Precision x-1 installed, so I went in and did a reddit troubleshoot. After that, I had adjusted the target power through Precision to 117, and the target temp to 70.

I haven't had a chance today to stream/play again, but does anything stand out immediately to anyone that I should be addressing differently? Is this an overheat issue, (I think my cooling system is pretty damn good), or maybe the GPU not receiving adequate power under load until I changed the settings?

You can use GPU Z to see if your 2080 is getting enough power. Besides the power boost what else are you overclocking? If you're overclocking the GPU, make sure you're not going beyond what's stable at a temp of 70c. Throwing more power at it doesn't give it more stability if it's not cool enough.

Mar 6, 2020
I played a couple different games while having my GPU monitor as well as CPU monitor going. Nothing ever looked out of the ordinary as far as under load voltages or temps.