Discussion Regarding Alphacool's TPV 12.7/7.6mm tubing

Dec 11, 2021
I'm limited in space and the only fittings that I found to fit are Alphacool's TPV fittings but the tubing dimensions are 12.7/7.6mm and I am wondering if the volume of water is enaugh as this is my setup

__
DDC(Pump)--> CPU(Block)---> GPU(Block)---> 360mm(Rad)---> 360(Rad)
__
The radiators are from XSPC 21mm ultra thin Full Copper paired with arctic P12 black on pull configuration.

Ps: I absolutely need dual 360 rads because of the very demanding components.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"Ps: I absolutely need dual 360 rads because of the very demanding components."

Update your post to include full system requirements and OS information.

Case, fans, arrangement ====> air flows, etc. also matter.

More information needed.

Knowing what all needs to be cooled and powered is necessary to get some idea of "enough".

Reactions: Arbër1041
Dec 11, 2021
This:

"Ps: I absolutely need dual 360 rads because of the very demanding components."

Update your post to include full system requirements and OS information.

Case, fans, arrangement ====> air flows, etc. also matter.

More information needed.

Knowing what all needs to be cooled and powered is necessary to get some idea of "enough".
Specs:
Ryzen 9 5950x OC
Rtx 3090 strix
64gb 3600mhz Trident Z
Motherboard X570 Pantom itx/ax
Pump EK DDC 18watt PWM with heatsink
Radiators 2x XSPC 360 Ultra Thin(21mm) full copper
Fans 6x arctic P12
2TB Samsung sata 3 SSD
1x m.2 samsung evo 980-My boot drive.
Cpu Block Alphacool XP³ light black
GPU Block Alphacool the non RGB version.

The case is of my own design and it features direct cold air access from the side and pushing that air through the radiator and directly outside on the other side ,so hot air won't be getting into the case,
but a straight through design, as for the fan grills I'm using Default 120mm chrome fan grills for less airflow restriction on both sides.
I have also designated 2x 60mm noise blocker fans to cool the Motherboard VRMs.
The reason I went for such design is that I could hide my build under my desk for asthetic reasons.

Dec 11, 2021
Specs:
Ryzen 9 5950x OC
Rtx 3090 strix
64gb 3600mhz Trident Z
Motherboard X570 Pantom itx/ax
Pump EK DDC 18watt PWM with heatsink
Radiators 2x XSPC 360 Ultra Thin(21mm) full copper
Fans 6x arctic P12
2TB Samsung sata 3 SSD
1x m.2 samsung evo 980-My boot drive.
Cpu Block Alphacool XP³ light black
GPU Block Alphacool the non RGB version.

The case is of my own design and it features direct cold air access from the side and pushing that air through the radiator and directly outside on the other side ,so hot air won't be getting into the case,
but a straight through design, as for the fan grills I'm using Default 120mm chrome fan grills for less airflow restriction on both sides.
I have also designated 2x 60mm noise blocker fans to cool the Motherboard VRMs.
The reason I went for such design is that I could hide my build under my desk for asthetic reasons.
Also I forgot to metion the total thickness of the inside of my case design is 50mm which is just enaugh to fit everything.

Ralston18

Titan
Thank you for the updated specs:

Just three immediate thoughts as custom cooling requirements are going a bit out of my comfort zone.

1) PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used?) Reason for asking: your build needs power and PSU's, of course, generate heat that must be removed. PSU's have their own fans and and the overall placement of case fans could prove counterproductive.

2) For the most part I understand that case air flows should follow natural convection; i.e., warmer air rises so case air flows should be from bottom to top with the top exhaust fans being a bit higher in capacity. As I understand the described case air flows they are to be horizontal from one side in and then out on the opposite side - correct?

3) This: "The reason I went for such design is that I could hide my build under my desk for asthetic reasons."

Understood and fair enough. However, many electronic devices have cooling systems etc. that, to be effective, require some amount of surrounding clearances. Top, front, back, sides. Even with a working fan/cooling system hiding the build may make all cooling efforts moot if the surrounding clearances are insufficient. Both by heating the surrounding space and by bottlenecking air flows.

And the planned case,/enclosure is only 2" (50 mm). That makes it all pretty tight.....

No disagreement with your thoughts, plans, and requirements per se. Just perhaps, reconsider your aesthetic requirements.

Parts cost too much these days and heat is a component killer.

Do not let form get in the way of function.

= = = =

Hopefully there will be additional thoughts and comments. If not, moving your thread to "Cases" may prove helpful.

Consider posting a photograph or two here as well via imgur (www.imgur.com)

Dec 11, 2021
My bad I forgot about the PSU:
HP 1200watt platinum refurbished 1U PSU
with breakout board
because this particular PSU only outputs 12v plus Ground, I also am going to incorporate a 450w Pico psu for powering the board(24pin) (8pin cpu ATX) which gets its 12v input requirement from one of the 12v lines of the HP psu.
I have taken convection into consideration but because the case is so thin the convection really isn't something to worry about:
The airflow is not going to be intefered in any way since the case is going to have a 50mm gap all around even on the back.
Also the table has an approx. distance from the wall of 100mm which is fine in my opinion.

Ps: Thank you for taking your time to reply.

Dec 11, 2021
My bad I forgot about the PSU:
HP 1200watt platinum refurbished 1U PSU
with breakout board
because this particular PSU only outputs 12v plus Ground, I also am going to incorporate a 450w Pico psu for powering the board(24pin) (8pin cpu ATX) which gets its 12v input requirement from one of the 12v lines of the HP psu.
I have taken convection into consideration but because the case is so thin the convection really isn't something to worry about:
The airflow is not going to be intefered in any way since the case is going to have a 50mm gap all around even on the back.
Also the table has an approx. distance from the wall of 100mm which is fine in my opinion.

Ps: Thank you for taking your time to reply.
Also a big part why I need it to be so compact is that I can easily Transport it from Here(Germany) to my vacation destination in the Balkans.
I have also designed a high Fidelity IPS display that is held on to the case by magnets, when you look at it from a far it would almost resembles one of those 2003 Toshiba Tuff book laptops which is absolutely sweet!