rtoc

Prominent
Feb 14, 2023
While installing and tightening the Noctua Cooler, the cpu got stuck with cooler heat sink and it came off the motherboard without detaching motherboard lock.

While checking I could see all the motherboard golden the pin and when assembled the PC booted and also I was able to perform a cinebench stress test

I am having a below spec
ryzen 9 5900x
ASUS Proart x570 creator WIFI motherboard
Noctua NH D 15 cooler

Kindly confirm that if the PC has booted and I was able to perform the cinebench test then does that mean there is not Damage to the motherboard or is there any means to check the motherboard and CPU?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
This is not uncommon with AM4 socket CPU and particularly so on models with the stock cooler paste.

There is really nothing to hurt without extreme effort on the motherboard side of that socket, but you would have wanted to closely check all the pins on the CPU itself. If they are all present and straight you should be fine.

Watch for nagging issues to present with things like RAM to a certain slot, or strange behavior out of one of the PCI lanes, etc.

I could see all the motherboard golden the pin
what do you mean by, "golden the pin"?
that statement makes no sense.
does that mean there is not Damage to the motherboard
if no pins are broken or bent then there is no physical damage to them.

if the socket is still firm in place on the board and the cooler reattaches without trouble then it should be fine.

rtoc

Prominent
Feb 14, 2023
I m
what do you mean by, "golden the pin"?
that statement makes no sense.

if no pins are broken or bent then there is no physical damage to them.

if the socket is still firm in place on the board and the cooler reattaches without trouble then it should be fine.
I mean inside the motherboard socket I could see the golden pin like thing beneath the attaching mechanism

And as i had mentioned the cpu was seated in it properly and the PC booted normally and I was able to perform a Cinebench test successfully twice with a temp of 70degree

So it seems working fine but can we take that as a conclusion or is there something like it can be damaged but will boot something like that

Hope I am making sense

rtoc

Prominent
Feb 14, 2023
if the actual socket is detached from the board it can lead to serious problems.

if you just mean the CPU itself was detached from the socket but it reseated fine then there should be no issue.
no not the socket didnt detach only the CPU came out and it seated back in and booted normally.

does this mean everything is normal??

rtoc

Prominent
Feb 14, 2023
Yes, you are very likely okay if all the pins remain intact.
I asked my friend about this situation he said something about SMD component may be damaged and it may come to light when it is under high load or temperatures
Something like that

Is that anything that’s has truth in it or jo
I have a bad history or part replacement so I am at this point a bit concerned and also fed up. So asking these question just to be sure

Anyone knows anything about this point ?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I asked my friend about this situation he said something about SMD component may be damaged and it may come to light when it is under high load or temperatures
Something like that

Is that anything that’s has truth in it or jo
I have a bad history or part replacement so I am at this point a bit concerned and also fed up. So asking these question just to be sure

Anyone knows anything about this point ?
Theoretically, there could be an issue, but CPUs are more robust than many think.

Run some benchmarks or burn-in tests to assuage your doubts.

As previously stated. many have done this with no ill effects. This is only true when all the pins remain intact and from what you said, that is the case with your situation as well.

rtoc

Prominent
Feb 14, 2023
Theoretically, there could be an issue, but CPUs are more robust than many think.

Run some benchmarks or burn-in tests to assuage your doubts.

As previously stated. many have done this with no ill effects. This is only true when all the pins remain intact and from what you said, that is the case with your situation as well
Ok i will check the pin when I remove the cooler after a few months

Till then can you suggest a few tests that I can do to check the benchmarks thing that you mentioned
I have done the cinebench 10 min test any things else that I can test ?

rtoc

Prominent
Feb 14, 2023
i did the following test

cinebench test twice passed
3 min test - passed
CPU coverage test - passed
MAX CPU test - passed
CPU mark test - passed score 37324 (92% percentile what this i didnt get this annotation ?)

The test result -https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-7gtZx6pQfbuOb4-pRl8P7ZDO56GF6xV&usp=drive_fs

is there anything else i need to test?

rtoc

Prominent
Feb 14, 2023
If your PC booted and passed the Cinebench test after the Noctua Cooler incident, it suggests there might not be immediate damage. Monitor for any issues, especially temperatures, for long-term stability.
can you specify what kind of monitoring needs to be done as of now its has not shown any issues or any lag. and in all cases the temp under load is under 79 (package temps ) and the die temps are under 85-90degree. this is during rendering and cinebench test.

is there anything particular to observe like idle temp or anything of that sort then please let me know?