registration trouble sims2

I bought the sims 2 from a well recommended web shop, sealed in plastic, and
when i try to register it online it sais the key has already been used! How
can that be when the box is sealed and all?
Anyone else had this problem ? I would like to hear how to solve it, tried
to call ea but no luck so far.
Would be nice to have acsess to all the stuff on the official site .

Emma

hey Emma,

the only two things that I can think of ist that either somebody used a
key-generator tool to create a key for his downloaded version of the game
and accidentially its the same as yours or somebody who also baught the game
has a similar key like yours and mistyped it when he registered ...

no actual help but an atempt of an answer

:)

(I'll take the liberty to contact you directly about your houses and your
site - is this email adress working or is it a spam trap?)

"Emma" <emma.bishop@myhome.no> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I bought the sims 2 from a well recommended web shop, sealed in plastic,
>and when i try to register it online it sais the key has already been used!
>How can that be when the box is sealed and all?
> Anyone else had this problem ? I would like to hear how to solve it, tried
> to call ea but no luck so far.
> Would be nice to have acsess to all the stuff on the official site .
>
> Emma

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Emma" <emma.bishop@myhome.no> schreef in bericht
>I bought the sims 2 from a well recommended web shop, sealed in plastic,
>and when i try to register it online it sais the key has already been used!
>How can that be when the box is sealed and all?
> Anyone else had this problem ? I would like to hear how to solve it, tried
> to call ea but no luck so far.
> Would be nice to have acsess to all the stuff on the official site .
>
> Emma

Yeah I have told game makers time and time again
to put their code under a scratch layer.
ANY shopkeeper, or employee can see it if they take
it out of the box, many shops do this for they seperate
the box from the cd`s etc. because of theft.
So anyone working there could very easily copy the code
and KNOW that it isn`t yet in use.

If the companies put the code under a scratchlayer
anyone can see if it is tempered with.
They don`t do this, so it is not your fault
if the code has been stolen and companies should take
responsibility for this lack of securing their codes.

O_o

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2004

"..22.." <email@request.rr> wrote:

> "Emma" <emma.bishop@myhome.no> schreef in bericht
>>I bought the sims 2 from a well recommended web shop, sealed in
>>plastic, and when i try to register it online it sais the key has
>>already been used! How can that be when the box is sealed and all?
>> Anyone else had this problem ? I would like to hear how to solve it,
>> tried to call ea but no luck so far.
>> Would be nice to have acsess to all the stuff on the official site .
>>
>> Emma
>
> Yeah I have told game makers time and time again
> to put their code under a scratch layer.
> ANY shopkeeper, or employee can see it if they take
> it out of the box, many shops do this for they seperate
> the box from the cd`s etc. because of theft.
> So anyone working there could very easily copy the code
> and KNOW that it isn`t yet in use.
>
> If the companies put the code under a scratchlayer
> anyone can see if it is tempered with.
> They don`t do this, so it is not your fault
> if the code has been stolen and companies should take
> responsibility for this lack of securing their codes.

If you buy the game used (good time to do so right now, obviously) it's
also possible that the game was registered to the original owner.

Bubbles

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2004

"Emma" <emma.bishop@myhome.no> wrote in message
>I bought the sims 2 from a well recommended web shop, sealed in plastic,
>and when i try to register it online it sais the key has already been used!
>How can that be when the box is sealed and all?
> Anyone else had this problem ? I would like to hear how to solve it, tried
> to call ea but no luck so far.
> Would be nice to have acsess to all the stuff on the official site .

My sis-in-law had the same problem. I told her to mail the company. After
all, she can take a pic to show that she has the original box and
everything.

I had trouble registering on the web-site, and I just mailed them and they
were prompt and very helpful. Now I have full contact.

Marianne

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"o_O" <o_O@sendme.spam> schreef in bericht
> "..22.." <email@request.rr> wrote:
>

>> "Emma" <emma.bishop@myhome.no> schreef in bericht
>>>I bought the sims 2 from a well recommended web shop, sealed in
>>>plastic, and when i try to register it online it sais the key has
>>>already been used! How can that be when the box is sealed and all?
>>> Anyone else had this problem ? I would like to hear how to solve it,
>>> tried to call ea but no luck so far.
>>> Would be nice to have acsess to all the stuff on the official site .
>>>
>>> Emma
>>
>> Yeah I have told game makers time and time again
>> to put their code under a scratch layer.
>> ANY shopkeeper, or employee can see it if they take
>> it out of the box, many shops do this for they seperate
>> the box from the cd`s etc. because of theft.
>> So anyone working there could very easily copy the code
>> and KNOW that it isn`t yet in use.
>>
>> If the companies put the code under a scratchlayer
>> anyone can see if it is tempered with.
>> They don`t do this, so it is not your fault
>> if the code has been stolen and companies should take
>> responsibility for this lack of securing their codes.
>
> If you buy the game used (good time to do so right now, obviously) it's
> also possible that the game was registered to the original owner.

Yeah but then you know and expect it was used ofcourse.
But since the question started with "I bought the sims 2 from a well
recommended web shop, sealed in plastic,"
I discarded that option, obviously. But it did cross my mind.
How can you transfer a code to someone else? It is,
in itself, a good question.

Hi again
Thanks to everyone who has tried to help with my problem. I have fotographed
all box, cd's, manual with serial , receipt from web shop and emailed it
to ea games support. This will prove that I actually bought the game and
hopefully they will give me a new serial.)

Emma