[SOLVED] Regret regarding purchasing a small digital art tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2020
Hello, apologies if this is a bad place to ask for advice regarding a Digital Art tablet but if not:
Been practicing for some time using a Intous Pro S 2019 on Win10. Been using it for activities such as prating digital art and a animation class but I think now that I made a big mistake getting a small active space (6. 3” x 3. 9”) having large hands. Have tried for long trying to figure out a good canvas size, brush size etc that I can use well with the small writing space with little success, like still struggling on sketching, lineart etc.

Going to definitely try to try out my peer's tablets when I get the chance, I'll update this post soon.

Basically in short: Am I just struggling with drawing and need to practice more / find new methods of adapting or should I actually just get a more beginner friendly, at least medium sized tablet.

e.g. One by Wacom (8.5 inches x 5.3 inches) or maybe save for the Intous Pro Medium (8.7" X 5.8") and sell this Pro S. Can't find the Intous M or any of the above used for a good price ;/

Tips and/or purchase advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
Have you looked into Huion? I've got one myself and been quite satisfied! The prices are very affordable, you can get a 279.4mm X 174.6mm working area for £65 ($84 USD) with the Huion INSPIROY Q11K. This would be a massive upgrade compared to your Wacom. Possibly even too much so I'm sure you could find a medium one from Huion too.

Hope this helps!

Lutfij

Titan
If you're familiar with sketching, the larger the canvas/paper size, the easier it is to manipulate the artwork and your hands and the idea/concept. Work with too small a canvas and you don't have enough on it, while a canvas that's too large is moot if you can't fill it up.

That being said, everyone goes through a learning experience. You've now figured out that the tablet you currently have is small. You might want to find out if anyone in your circles has the Wacom and Intous Pro tablet you're looking to buy, that way you can gauge the tablet and then pull the trigger.

But yeah, I always suggest that you work with a large canvas/sheet of paper/sketch book - since I'm an architect as well :p

Jan 22, 2020
Have you looked into Huion? I've got one myself and been quite satisfied! The prices are very affordable, you can get a 279.4mm X 174.6mm working area for £65 ($84 USD) with the Huion INSPIROY Q11K. This would be a massive upgrade compared to your Wacom. Possibly even too much so I'm sure you could find a medium one from Huion too.

Hope this helps!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.