Question Regular bluescreen issues and unsure why ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 21, 2024
Please keep it to 1 thread.
Hello all, first time poster here.

Overview here then more info below: I have built a pc about two months ago and have had no issues until about 5 days ago where i have experienced regular blue screen issues. I have been able to replicate this numerous times with my pc under load, under no load etc - I'm stumped! More details below, I have gone on the safe side and added (probably) exessive amounts of information.

PC Specs:

MBD: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk Max WiFi AM4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 7800 XT
RAM: Corsair Vengance 32gb (2x16gb) 3200MHz DDR4
SSD: Crucial P3 Plus 1TB PCIe Gen4 M.2 NVMe
PSU: Corsair 750W RM750e 80+ Gold

Here's what's happening:

My PC is crashing more and more frequently.
Sometimes entire PC will crash, blue screen and automatically reboot
Sometimes entire PC will crash, one monitor (out of two) will blue screen and the other will retain its picture but freeze, and will automatically reboot
Sometimes entire PC will crash, wont blue screen, requires manual restart

When this has happened:

Running many instances of Rhino 8, Photoshop and Illustrator at once
Running AAA Games whilst streaming and Discord
Running MS Word and Spotify
Running absolutely nothing

What SysnativeBSODCollectionApp has said:

I have just created this output, I can copy this upon request

What Event Viewer has said:

Annoyingly, mostly nothing significant, but one time it said the following:
"LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with credential guard. PackageName: wdigest"

What I have said:

Naughty words mostly, my brain has been muddled by this and my mouth tends to just emit strange sounds of confusion.

Any advice and assistance is more than appreciated. I will be online and monitoring this post for the next 10 or many hours and am more than willing to dig through my PC or talk if you want more information.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024
I wonder if you get AMD Bluetooth drivers with the chipset drivers
https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/chipsets/am4/b550.html
the newest on MSI site are from last year - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-B550-TOMAHAWK-MAX-WIFI/support#driver
I can't seem to find a driver site for AMD Bluetooth or wifi otherwise (they normally controlled by same chip so you get both from same place)

I would try new drivers before I returned hardware.
No idea where you are in Aust but I just returned hardware and it took over a week for it to come back (still waiting), so do you want to be out of a PC for a week or more? I had to send it to another city in Aust to get it replaced.
I'm in Melbourne. I took the whole pc into MSY (I brought all of my parts from there) and said they will look at it, diagnose and provide replacement parts under warranty for free.

They wouldn't install them as then it is outside of warranty and will then cost money to do, I'm ok with this as I can just install myself.

I'd much rather just give it to them and have them deal with it as I can't afford to keep spending time on it. I am okay to be out of a pc for a bit as I can use friends' and go into work too.

I tried coming here first as I hoped it was a simple fix that you guys could help me with ... but obviously it's a bit more complicated.

I would like to stress that this isn't an attack on the competency or politeness or anything of the amazing people here. You have all been so cool and helpful.

I am just purely rationalising that I don't want to spend anymore of my own time on fixing this so that I can get on with my life without this extra thing being on my plate.