Question Reinstalled Windows 10 - New CPU Cooler and Case -- Still getting VERY HIGH usage in task manager. How do I fix?

Mar 31, 2019
Hey all, first things first, here is specs.

i7 - 8700k (bought early summer 2018)
EVGA GTX 1070 (late 2016)
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3000 RAM (early summer 2018)
Gigabyte Z370XP Mobo (replaced same board in late 2018)
Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ATX (just installed yesterday to try and fix stutters)
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R Liquid cooler (just installed yesterday to try and fix stutters)
Antec - High Current Gamer 620W 80+ bronze (have owned for over 4/5years)

ASUS VGE248QE - 144hz monitor

My temperatures before the new cooler and case were between 70 - 90 celcius while playing Battlefield V.

The new case and cooler has brought that from about 60 - 77 celcius while playing Battlefield V.

However I'm still noticing stutters and all that annoying stuff while playing BF and other things. Task Manager showed the CPU Usage in red at about 90% and occasionally up to 99% when playing and 'Power usage' was in red at 'Very high' and would not budge from that point at all. Is this a Power Supply problem? Did I install the cooler improperly?

Is this normal?
I'm an FPS performance gamer -- Everything is on LOW on almost all games in order to get the highest FPS possible. However when playing BFV I notice it is at 144 then drops during these moments. I even just played Rainbow Six Siege and the Power usage was at very high and every so often CPU was at 100%. Even out of the game at my desktop Origin would show at High or Very High. Even during Rainbow Six Siege, I just noticed the GPU% in Task Manager randomly went up to 99% every now and then. Here is a screenshot too - Rainbow high GPU

I did just reinstall Windows 10, 3 days ago.
But I've been checking for Windows 10 updates as often as possible, so I don't believe I'm missing critical updates. Does anyone have any assistance with this? I thought the new cooler and case would help with this because part of the reason I spent the money on the cooler and new case is because of stuttering issues which I believe were do to temperatures.

ANYWAYS, I'm trying to upload a screenshot but it isn't working. Even while on Chome just doing my own thing, Rainbow Six is still showing Very high Power usage and Very high Power usage trend.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019
I think you are mistaken, the CPU is used 16-37% and the GPU(Graphics card) is used 89-90%. Every game will use videocard, i think gtx 1070 is not a card for high FPS. Your cpu is far from fully used but your graphics card is holding you down.

Those screenshots were just from playing Rainbow Six. When I was on Battlefield V it was the other way around, with the CPU having those percentages and being on Very high.

This card is holding me back from even getting a solid 144 fps even on all low? That doesn't sound too right to me since I thought this is a decent card.

FYI, the newest WIndows build(1809?) just dropped for general distro as an update a few days ago.....

You'd have to check assorted 1070/2060 comparisons to see if your card is capable of 1080P at 144 fps in BF5, and for that matter, if the 8700K or even 9700K can drive BF5 that quickly yet....