Reinstalling Windows apps

kanishknishar

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2016
Hello, my calendar app wasn't working properly on my Windows 10 (which may have been a result of an insider build update because the latest patch solved the issue). To fix the issue, I googled around and I think executed via PowerShell (admin) 'Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage'

I have found ways of getting the apps back; chiefly:
1) Finding the id of each app and then reinstalling them via PS which would be arduous and tedious.
2) I tried running 'Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}' and restarted the PC to no avail.

Any fixes?

Solution
You have a term misplaced. Try this command

Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

Colif

Win 11 Master
If its well and truly not on PC now, try this one

1. Go to Search, type powershell, and open PowerShell as Administrator.
2. Type in the following line, and press Enter: dism /online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:OneCoreUAP.OneSync~~~~0.0.1.0
3. Wait for the process to finish and restart your computer.

https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-calendar-app-not-working/

I would copy/paste number 2, less chance of errors

note: due to a silly emote, you might be best looking at solution 6 on link above as it doesn't have a misbehaving emote half way through it.

kanishknishar

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2016

Unfortunately, Colif, all my Windows app are uninstalled because of the command that I executed (mentioned above). I want to reinstall all of them.