[SOLVED] Reinstalling Windows when changing motherboard

Jul 19, 2021
Should I reinstall windows when changing from Biostar A320Mh and Ryzen 5 1600 to Asus Prime B450 MK and Ryzen 5 2600. Can I just update chipset drivers? Will Windows automatically install correct drivers through update?

Solution
Should I reinstall windows when changing from Biostar A320Mh and Ryzen 5 1600 to Asus Prime B450 MK and Ryzen 5 2600. Can I just update chipset drivers? Will Windows automatically install correct drivers through update?

Better use the latest drivers for your Prime B450 MK from Asus website.

Download the drivers (unzip if necessary) to the disk before swapping the motherboard, only install again if the current Windows installation can't run with your new motherboard.

Better use the latest drivers for your Prime B450 MK from Asus website.

Download the drivers (unzip if necessary) to the disk before swapping the motherboard, only install again if the current Windows installation can't run with your new motherboard.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution