Question Reliability of zotac 3060ti twin edge gpu

Dadrian Daedalus

Distinguished
May 25, 2015
I have been contemplating upgrading my gpu(a 1060) to something newer.However i have had to hold off my gpu purchase for a while as the prices skyrocketed during the mining boom.

However of late gpu prices seem to have reduced a bit and i have managed to find a zotac 3060ti twin edge (non oc version) at my local retailer at a reasonable cost.Although i am on the verge of getting that gpu,i developed some concerns about its reliability after reading some reviews online that suggested that its quite noisy while under load(~42 DBA) and also runs a bit hot.Also it lacks a fan stop feature that causes its fans to remain active even when the card is idling.

An OC variant of this gpu is available that doesnt have many of the issues that are present in the non oc variant but unfortunately its almost impossible to find here.

Are the aforesaid issues serious enough to warrant avoiding the card altogether and opting instead for some alternative brand?Does anyone here have this exact same card and encountered any of the issues with it that i have mentioned above?

Please share your opinions about the card and feedback regarding its noise levels/temps if you already happen to have one.It would enable me to make an informed choice while getting a new gpu.

Lutfij

Titan
The questions are,
1| What other options do you have at your disposal?
2| What sort of a budget do you have to work with?
3| Where are you located?

I tend to stay away from Zotac GPU's since they've been doing horrible with respect to QC, prior to the pandemic.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Are there any other options?

I am a little surprised to hear it doesn't have a fanless operation mode, that is a pretty common feature going back a few generations now. You could manually set a fan curve and solve that one through software.

If you register the card with them, they are claiming a 5 year warranty. Still a base of 2 years (or 3 years, depending on the region) by default. And most countries have a 1 year fit for purpose warranty mandated through law.

Dadrian Daedalus

Distinguished
May 25, 2015
I am from India and currently the options that i have at my disposal are pretty limited.The alternative to zotac 3060ti would be the msi gaming x 3060ti but that's a bit more expensive and costs nearly the same as a basic 3070 from zotac/msi etc.Therefore the MSI variant is not such a VFM proposition as compared to the zotac twin edge model that i am currently considering.

My budget for the gpu is around 600-650 USD.I am getting the zotac 3060ti for around 670 usd (which is slightly over my budget but still manageable).The msi version costs almost 50-60$ more.

Yes they do provide a 5 year warranty on their gpus (it was 2+3 earlier which has now been changed to 3+2),which is one of their key USPs as compared to other brands like msi that offer a 3 yr warranty.

Dadrian Daedalus

Distinguished
May 25, 2015
any insights on the performance and reliability of this particular make of 3060ti?

I have read several reviews suggesting that it heats up way too much than its supposed to and so i am a bit concerned about whether buying it was the right decision or not.

if someone has used it for any length of time then some feedback would be appreciated,thanks.