Question remote access to second lan to lan router

Aug 18, 2019
Hi
i am trying to access remotely to my second router without success.
main router connected to internet : IP 192.168.0.10 , dhcp enabled from 192.168.0.11 to 192.168.0.40
second router (TL-WR740N) : IP 192.168.0.100 , dhcp disabled , remote access enabled from all IP on port 5555
LAN cable connected to LAN input on second router ?
how can i access it remotely (i believe this is AP configure now)

kanewolf

Titan
You would have to port forward something to 192.168.0.100:5555 for TCP on the primary router. Lets say port 5555. I would recommend you also setup a DDNS service on the primary router. When you have all this done, you can use myDDNSURL:5555 to access the access point management interface.

Aug 18, 2019
I am sorry... I did not understand...
I will explain again...
I need to remotely control the second router and to have access to internet on it...
I dont know where to connect the lan cable from main router to second: to Lan or Wan port ?
I do not care to creat new network just to get access to internet on it and remotely control it

kanewolf

Titan
I am sorry... I did not understand...
I will explain again...
I need to remotely control the second router and to have access to internet on it...
I dont know where to connect the lan cable from main router to second: to Lan or Wan port ?
I do not care to creat new network just to get access to internet on it and remotely control it
Your second router woudl be connected on a LAN port to a LAN port on the first router.
If your question on "remote" control wasn't about accessing the GUI from a remote location, then I don't know what you mean by "remotely control" ...

kanewolf

Titan
Have you read the user's manual ? There is a section on port forwarding (page 53) So you would set the start and end to be 5555 on the incoming port. You would set the destination port to the same. You set the destination IP to 192.168.0.100 .
Since this is satellite (I have never worked with satelite internet) the one question would be if you have a public IP address on the 540 router WAN or not. If you don't then you can't easily accomplish what you want.

Aug 18, 2019
Have you read the user's manual ? There is a section on port forwarding (page 53) So you would set the start and end to be 5555 on the incoming port. You would set the destination port to the same. You set the destination IP to 192.168.0.100 .
Since this is satellite (I have never worked with satelite internet) the one question would be if you have a public IP address on the 540 router WAN or not. If you don't then you can't easily accomplish what you want.
Yea i read it
I can access main rouer with my static public ip
But when i try static public ip:5555 nothing works and cant get access to tp link

Aug 18, 2019
And you have verified that a computer on the LAN side of the 540 (but not connected to the TL-Link) can use the 192.168.0.100:5555 to access the GUI ?
You tell me to connect my pc directly to the explorer 540 and to use 192.168.0.100:5555 to access tp ling gui ? How can it be done if the tp link is not connected to anything ?

kanewolf

Titan
You tell me to connect my pc directly to the explorer 540 and to use 192.168.0.100:5555 to access tp ling gui ? How can it be done if the tp link is not connected to anything ?
I am REALLY confused now. How can the TPLink be "not connected to anything"? I interpreted your posts to say you had a working configuration that you wanted remote access. Didn't you connect the two devices LAN to LAN?

Aug 18, 2019
Yes i did but you said to verified that a computer on the LAN side of the 540 (but not connected to the TL-Link) can use the 192.168.0.100:5555 to access the GUI ?
How do i do it? Tou wrote not connected to the tp link

kanewolf

Titan
If you can't get a PC directly connected to the TPLink to work, then that is the first step. Do a factory reset on the TPLink. Verify you can get to the GUI when connected to it. Then set the HTTP port (nothing else). Verify you can get there with the 5555 port.

Aug 18, 2019
Ok... Now i understood what your wrote before..
Yes.. When i am connected directly with a Ethernet cable to the lan port of Tp link i can access the Gui with 192.168.0.100:5555 ... In that time the second lan port of tp link is also connected to the explorer..
But when disconnect the lab cable from pc and try to access again the tplink via my pc internet it is not working and that is my problem

kanewolf

Titan
Ok... Now i understood what your wrote before..
Yes.. When i am connected directly with a Ethernet cable to the lan port of Tp link i can access the Gui with 192.168.0.100:5555 ... In that time the second lan port of tp link is also connected to the explorer..
But when disconnect the lab cable from pc and try to access again the tplink via my pc internet it is not working and that is my problem
What is you PC connected to? I woud use you cell phone in cellular mode to test. That ensures you are coming from an internet source.
You may have to setup your laptop with the .100 address and run wireshark to see if traffic is flowing.

Aug 18, 2019
What is you PC connected to? I woud use you cell phone in cellular mode to test. That ensures you are coming from an internet source.
You may have to setup your laptop with the .100 address and run wireshark to see if traffic is flowing.
My pc has internal sim card with also different public static ip...
What you think i should do?