[SOLVED] Remote access to server - Any free software?

Hey fellow geeks,

Anyone know of any good free remote viewer applications for windows that's not team-viewer? I'm heading out of country for a couple weeks and I currently use Windows remote desktop to remote into my home server internally from my personal PC.

I won't be able to use this externally however. I plan to try out 'AnyDesk' as an alternative remote viewer application but if anyone has any other good recommendations I'd be happy to check them out.

Thanks in Advance!

Any reason why you can't just RDP to your current WAN IP and port forward (in your router) to the server? You can even use a non-standard port to avoid all the 3389 login attempts getting forwarded to your server.

Otherwise see here - https://www.lifewire.com/free-remote-access-software-tools-2625161

If you can afford a small amount of money, I'd recommend Splashtop. It's a great Logmein alternative at a fraction of the price.

Reactions: Newtonius
Solution
You could take a look at AnyDesk. I've tried both and they are essentially the same, just different branding.
Any reason why you can't just RDP to your current WAN IP and port forward (in your router) to the server? You can even use a non-standard port to avoid all the 3389 login attempts getting forwarded to your server.

Otherwise see here - https://www.lifewire.com/free-remote-access-software-tools-2625161

If you can afford a small amount of money, I'd recommend Splashtop. It's a great Logmein alternative at a fraction of the price.

Late reply - sorry guys I didn't get any notifications on responses, anyway, I can't use RDP because I only had a phone accessible. As far I know android doesn't have RDP.

As for Anydesk it was really glitchy on my phone (I have android 8.1), I'll try testing it again later but it doesn't play nice with my server for some reason.

I like the look of Remote utilities in that link you provided @alceryes. I'll give that a test run later as well.

Thanks!