[SOLVED] Remote Access

Cameron231099

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2014
Hey there, I'm looking into remotely accessing my home PC from external systems. I already know of Teamviewer, which is pretty poorly optimised, and I know there's built in Win-7 remote desktop tools but unsure how secure it is. Are there any good software suites that offer secure remote access, if not, is the built in remote desktop any good? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Logmein use to be really nice, when it was free. They have now gone to a paid subscription which for a single user access's only 2 computers for $350 a year.

I used to have this at work to access our servers from anywhere, but that license has since moved up to $840 for 5 computers. I now use a combination of ILO on the servers and teamviewer for desktops to get all my needs done.

Just remember that any of the Remote desktop solutions are only as good as the internet service.

Cameron231099

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2014
Last time I tried to use teamview to fix a network config it was very slow and choppy. I assumed it was due to TeamViewer. I guess it might have just been a slow PC/bad internet though.

Logmein use to be really nice, when it was free. They have now gone to a paid subscription which for a single user access's only 2 computers for $350 a year.

I used to have this at work to access our servers from anywhere, but that license has since moved up to $840 for 5 computers. I now use a combination of ILO on the servers and teamviewer for desktops to get all my needs done.

Just remember that any of the Remote desktop solutions are only as good as the internet service.

Solution