remove ALL win 10 upgrades from my win 7

novizia

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
win 10 upgrade t0 90% but not complete. I still have win 7. How do I remove every little bit of win 10 files and get back my win 7 home premium without reinstalling the OS? I have a 2011 lenovo.
Thank you

Solution
If this happened to me, I'd restore from the backup I made before attempting the upgrade. If you didn't make one, I'm afraid the school of hard knocks has taught you why you need to before making any significant change to your computer.

novizia

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
windows 10 downloaded 100% on my admin site, then in the verification process gave me error code 0x80070057
still saying "sorry, free trial expired in standard user". I have my update setting to manual and had avast on, could that be the issue? I have message to contact Microsoft support. what do i do? I will post this in new forum, as it is now a complete different problem. Thank you.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from novizia : "remove win 10 upgrades crapware"

novizia

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
I read through Microsoft Support FAQ and at the end of a long long list you find a warning in a square box that tells you that if your PC manufacturer does not support a migration of their Key to another OS (I am paraphrasing), you cannot roll back to the previous version, regardless of the 30 days. So now I am trying to figure out how to do a restore as I lost the page where Microsoft was saying to go to setting-and then I forgot. I decided to stick with my faithful Windows 7 just in case I lose the system recovery on my computer.

If this happened to me, I'd restore from the backup I made before attempting the upgrade. If you didn't make one, I'm afraid the school of hard knocks has taught you why you need to before making any significant change to your computer.

Solution