Question Remove dual boot without deleting system

hw_user

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Recently I followed Youtube video to install ChromeOS on my Dell venue pro 11 dual boot with the original WIN 10 pro. The video uses Grub2Win as the boot manager. Everything works except with me in control. But my additional requirement is to power up the laptop when AC comes on and boot into ChromeOS as quickly as possible. I don't need to use WIN 10 now. But I do not want to delete it in case of any future need.
I have turned on the BIOS feature of Wake on AC and it was working. That is when AC comes on, it powers up and boots into WIN 10 pro. After I install the dual boot ChromeOS, if I turn on the laptop myself, Grub2Win comes up with the boot OS selection page and boots CheomeOS (default OS) automatically after the set timeout. But if the laptop was powered up by Wake on AC, Grub2Win will hang with the boot selection page half blank (black). I have no idea how I can fix it. It is probably some incompatibility between BIOS and Grub2Win.
One solution I want to test is to remove dual boot (Grub2Win) and see if the Wake on AC can bring up ChromeOS similar to what it did with Win 10 pro before.
What I need help on is how can I do this safely.

Grub2Win is just grub, the linux (and universal) bootloader, that is made to run on a windows filesystem, you still need grub to boot chrome even if it is the only selection in the bootmenu.
If the incompatibility is between grub and your bios then you are screwed.

Maybe upload a pic of the half black menu screen, maybe someone knows what that is.

hw_user

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Grub2Win is just grub, the linux (and universal) bootloader, that is made to run on a windows filesystem, you still need grub to boot chrome even if it is the only selection in the boot menu.
If the incompatibility is between grub and your bios then you are screwed.

Maybe upload a pic of the half-black menu screen, maybe someone knows what that is.
This was the sequence of things that happened
  1. The power plug is turned on by a timer.
  2. 'Wake on AC' powered up Venue 11 pro (I'll just call it the laptop).
  3. The panel to select 'ChromeOS' (the first entry) or 'win 10' (the second entry) came up with a timer of 10 sec.
  4. 10 seconds timed out and attempt to boot into the first OS on the list which is Chrome OS.
  5. A blank screen came up and hang (see picture)

In the case of manual power-up (not 'wake on AC' ), the blank screen will stay for a second, and then follow by a screen saying 'loading brunch framework' and continue on to Chrome OS comes up asking for login password.

Bo3VYC.jpg