Question Remove MetaDeta and other hidden data inside images ?

Chris_6

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
I want to be able to remove all hidden data from my images, even images i save from photo editors. Is this possible? Anyone know of any programs to help me out?

Chris_6

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
Thanks! Something like that, but that still says # Exif After: 7
Since it's leaving some of the data there, it should show me what it leaves on there.
Is there anything better? I know I used to have a really good one that showed tons of data saved in images, I think it had more than this tool, but thank you!

Chris_6

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
ok, how to I get rid of ALL hidden information in my image files. I want every single shred of info completely gone.
Anyone help?

ok, how to I get rid of ALL hidden information in my image files. I want every single shred of info completely gone.
Anyone help?
Again:
  • Open the image in an image editor
  • Select the entire image (CTRL + A, Edit -> Select All, or whatever)
  • Copy the image data (CTRL + C)
  • Start a new file
  • Paste the image data (CTRL +V)
  • Save the image. Overwrite the old one if you want
If you're looking at the image properties in the details pane, the information that's left is either about the image itself (which is harmless) or from the file system (which doesn't transfer to other computers)

USAFRet

Titan
Anyone help?
Part of it, you absolutely cannot.

Part of that "hidden data" identifies it as the file type.
jpg or whatever.

The file system info?
That is also part of the file, not the image.
And depends on the OS and file system in use.

This also depends on where the file came from.
A camera, a phone, a pic that you created....all different.

May we inquire into the desire for this data removal?

Chris_6

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
so there is no way anymore?
there used to be programs to get rid of tons of data, not just what this little program did for me.
I appreciate everything guys, I really do, but I am just waiting for the right response, you know what I mean, a yes! (not a no)
If you copy to new files, you still get more new info in the new file that I want to get rid of, understand? haha
Thank you.

USAFRet

Titan
there used to be programs to get rid of tons of data, not just what this little program did for me.
I appreciate everything guys, I really do, but I am just waiting for the right response, you know what I mean, a yes! (not a no)
If you copy to new files, you still get more new info in the new file that I want to get rid of, understand? haha
Thank you.
Remove the EXIF data, and all that is left is the file type identifier, and the file system identifier.

Thank you.
Unless we know exactly what data you want to get rid of, we can't really help you. What from this list do you want to get rid of?
TNel7o7.png

iG9io2m.png

oAMPUlf.png

wpY5wFc.png
This is as clean of a file as you can get using the method I described. Anything left is either information about the image itself (which again, is harmless) or the file system data (which doesn't transfer between computers)

Chris_6

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
ok, maybe I was dreaming, and thought something different.
Are you sure it doesn't say more like what software was used to save the image anywhere and more info?
Just run it through ExifCleaner and it's good to go? I don't want any personal information in my files at all.

ok, maybe I was dreaming, and thought something different.
Are you sure it doesn't say more like what software was used to save the image anywhere and more info?
Just run it through ExifCleaner and it's good to go? I don't want any personal information in my files at all.
PII doesn't get saved to the photos anyway. The closest thing to PII would be geotagging.

Chris_6

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
for images it lowered the number of Exif from 14 to 7 ,
it's not working anymore, at all stays the same at 14 before and after. for a .png image file
for videos it the number always stayed the same.

USAFRet

Titan
for images it lowered the number of Exif from 14 to 7 ,
it's not working anymore, at all stays the same at 14 before and after. for a .png image file
for videos it the number always stayed the same.
"14 to 7"is meaningless.
What actual personal data, if any, is left with that 7?

For video files, again....what personal data is associated with that file?

Chris_6

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
ColorType RGB
Compression Deflate/Inflate
Filter Adaptive
Interlace Noninterlaced
Software Adobe ImageReady
XMPToolkit Adobe XMP Core 5.0-c060 61.134777, 2010/02/12-16:37:00
CreatorTool Adobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
InstanceID xmp.iid:A2BCB91821D311EG81C9CE5674C1FZ40
DocumentID xmp.did:A2BCB91921D312EG83C9CE8973B0FB40
DerivedFromInstanceID xmp.iid:A2BCB91621E411EE98C4CE8670F1FB40
DerivedFromDocumentID xmp.did:A2BCB91731A320EE88C6CE8673BFFB40

I changed the #'s in the ToolKit and bottom 4 to protect my privacy (i don't know what those numbers are or if they contain part of my IP Address)

It didn't change a thing. All values are exactly the same in both before and after.

Is there any other program similar to this?

Thanks guys!

USAFRet

Titan
ColorType RGB
Compression Deflate/Inflate
Filter Adaptive
Interlace Noninterlaced
Software Adobe ImageReady
XMPToolkit Adobe XMP Core 5.0-c060 61.134777, 2010/02/12-16:37:00
CreatorTool Adobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
InstanceID xmp.iid:A2BCB91821D311EG81C9CE5674C1FZ40
DocumentID xmp.did:A2BCB91921D312EG83C9CE8973B0FB40
DerivedFromInstanceID xmp.iid:A2BCB91621E411EE98C4CE8670F1FB40
DerivedFromDocumentID xmp.did:A2BCB91731A320EE88C6CE8673BFFB40

I changed the #'s in the ToolKit and bottom 4 to protect my privacy (i don't know what those numbers are or if they contain part of my IP Address)

It didn't change a thing. All values are exactly the same in both before and after.

Is there any other program similar to this?

Thanks guys!
Nothing in there relates to you.
Not system, IP address, GPS, accounts.....

Nothing at all.