Remove write protect flash memory USB

ratnam

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
I have a 8GB Toshiba (kingston) USB flash stick. After rtying to install Mojopac unsuccessfully, the USB STICK IS SAYING WRITE PROTECTED. I am unable to remove the corrupted software. Any way to repair my flash drive?

ratnam

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
Thanks for all the suggestions but, unfortunately none worked but in the process of going into the properties and changing the settings of the flash drive, I seem to have damaged it further. Now the flash drive is not recognised on my PC whereas previously it used to give a listing of the files on it though, beyond that it was as useless as it is now.
Prof. Ratnam

monggoloong

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009

G

the solution is very simple is called Hide my Drives an it has an option forremoving write protection.... 100% working

G

first try to block it from yous system using this program... reboot pc and after that unlock it.... using the same program

awaheed

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Remove USB Memory Stick Write Protected:
How to remove a write protection from your USB memory Stick
1. Shutdown your computer or laptop
2. Insert USB Memory Stick into your laptop or Computer
3. Turn on laptop and then immediately start pressing (F8) key then Advanced Boot Options screen will come up
4. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt
5. After loading files if your USB Memory Stick drive letter is (G) for example then write as
6. C:\windows\system32>G: and press enter
7. G:\>format G: and press enter
8. If ask you (Y/N) then press (Y) and press enter
9. Now a full format will start which remove write protection from USB Memory Stick.
Note:
Before removing USB from your computer, Always remove it safely by going into to my computer then right click on USB and click eject.

awaheed

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Remove USB Memory Stick Write Protected:
How to remove a write protection from your USB memory Stick
1. Shutdown your computer or laptop
2. Insert USB Memory Stick into your laptop or Computer
3. Turn on laptop and then immediately start pressing (F8) key then Advanced Boot Options screen will come up
4. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt
5. After loading files if your USB Memory Stick drive letter is (G) for example then write as
6. C:\windows\system32>G: and press enter
7. G:\>format G: and press enter
8. If ask you (Y/N) then press (Y) and press enter
9. Now a full format will start which remove write protection from USB Memory Stick.
Note:
Before removing USB from your computer, Always remove it safely by going into to my computer then right click on USB and click eject.

genius16

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011

there,s no cure for that write protection only occurs when your usb pen drive had been attacjed by a virus and not cured early when we say write protection, it is clear that there,s no changes can be made to your pen drive... i don,t discover it yet... but someday...

G

:)
thanks Awaheed this worked well thnx mate, process took about an hour so remind your followers to be patient.

thnx again

frank