Removed Discussion - CPUs and Timeframes

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
I had assembled a brief discussion concerned with CPUs and their progression from 2004 to 2024. It had been removed before anyone could reply. Now, this is seemingly flabbily intellectual and not pointily underlined within that sphere of expression which vaguely drifts through the mind on winter mornings and is crisp and flows with correctness.

What is good for the forum as I have expressed beforehand would be diversity of opinion, a mellower tone, and the beauty of everchanging perceptions which would not entail strictness of expression taken from a century old legal document, but rather the flabbiness and tempting lingering beauty that comes along facts that could be dragged through opinion after opinion and provide a positive acquiescence.

All too serious documents and books have perished from a lack of love and beauty. If people in the forum are treated negligibly with stern sentences which provide no warmth and healthiness of expression, which transform living breathing worlds into dots and commas and lines, breathlessly subdued like a cigarette forever expiring, then we are far too serious for this age and time.

"We don't need any more of these types of threads," was the sole explanation I had received regarding the removal of the discussion. This sentence closes a beautiful gap which could be made within the sphere of discussion with a grotesque and gloomy pointiness of word and an inexplicable coldness and monotony.

I am tempted to quote, to desire, to pour away calories of passion, but since nobody is truly listening I guess I can point out to a lonely breath amid all this listlessness.

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
I wholeheartedly agree with the removal. Threads of that type very quickly devolve into petty arguments about "Who is better, AMD or Intel?"and serve only to get members sanctioned.
Thank you very much for the illumination!

I did only mention Intel CPUs in the thread, yet I do see how a waywardly interpretation and a vile stubbornness could fragmentarily drag the conversation askew.

I had no really vile intentions posting the discussion. I thought maybe the tone would be more conventional and restrained; yet I do consider your point of view too. It is a good point of view. Yet I've posted synonymous threads and have not really seen battles between members there. Perhaps, it was because of a lucky notion.

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
I wholeheartedly agree with the removal. Threads of that type very quickly devolve into petty arguments about "Who is better, AMD or Intel?"and serve only to get members sanctioned.
On a positive note I had been able to retain the heading of the thread and like many synonymous threads I'd initiated it was warmly driven.

Usually such threads end up leading to interesting conversation about old hardware and software and nostalgic little facts residing in sagacious stories deployed in the comments by the participants. The gist of what I've written is mostly about variants of hardware and applications, not so much connected with competition between brands. Herewith follows the text from the deleted thread. I do think it quite unprovocative in terms of any conversational repercussions.

From 2004 to 2024 - Opinions.

From Pentium 4 HT CPUs running at 3.8 GHz up to CPUs with 32 threads such as the Core i9-14900KS hitting 6.2 GHz we've seen a ceaselessly enthralling and colorful vista, lending subtle shades of newer technologies through time, like a sunset skipping over wave-tips in collars of gold and darkened blue. And Arrow Lake is just around the corner.

I still think that throughout that entire period the unfathomable explosion of specifications arrived in 2011 with Sandy Bridge. Everything after that was anticlimax up until Alder Lake in 2022.

What was your favorite period throughout those years? What games did you play and what applications did you use? What were the most pleasant and persistent memories? So many melancholy hours spent tinged effortlessly by the coruscating lights of the screen; by the darkened night falling like a ghost through the curtains and memory fleeting to forgotten mesas, lands and unregretted compulsions...