Removing Corsair H100 CPU block

Cary_Aus

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
Gidday fella's!

I had another thread about several problems in regards to overheating and with the advice given I have gone out today and purchased Arctic Silver 5, Dust spray x 2, Soft bristle art paint brush.

I've started taking Fans,GPU,Ram etc out to clean but I've stopped at the H100, I have no idea how to remove it for cleaning and have looked for a tutorial on how to but have had no luck.

My Question, how do I remove Corsair H100 safely to clean it out and safest way to remove H100 CPU block to add in new Arctic Silver 5

CPU - Intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHZ
Motherboard - Gigabyte X58A-UD5
RAM - 16gb Kingston (Unsure about type - info from CPU-Z - DDR3/Part number 9905403-172.A00LF)
Graphics - Radeon HD 6900
SSD - Kingston HyperX 150GB

Also have a Corsair H100 cooling system and my case is a NZXT Phantom.

I can upload some pictures if needed to help in removal

This is original thread here http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2585136/friendly-opinions.html - incase you wanted previous info about this.

Solution
unscrew the 4 thumb screws, disconnect any cables connected to it, and take the block off.

If you want to remove the cooler completely (say for cleaning the dust out of the radiator), you also need to take the radiator out of the case. Which is just unscrewing it from the case.

SkylerJacobs

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
unscrew the 4 thumb screws, disconnect any cables connected to it, and take the block off.

If you want to remove the cooler completely (say for cleaning the dust out of the radiator), you also need to take the radiator out of the case. Which is just unscrewing it from the case.

Solution

Cary_Aus

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015

Yea I would like to clean the radiator swell asI think its fairly clocked up with dust.

I did not install this myself but just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to ruin anything and confirm order of removing things

Cary_Aus

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015

Didn't install it myself but I watched a few tutorials and followed them.

Removed an insane amount of dust from throughout the PC.

I'm stuck now with rapid beeping sound, have reseated RAM, Removed GPU, checked CPU fans working..

So lost as to what it could be. Any help please