Removing Low Battery Warning From Bluetooth Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWonda

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
I have a bluetooth speaker that warns you every 30 seconds that the battery is low. After this warning starts the speaker will continue working for about 30-50 minutes depending on the volume level and you just have to deal with the music being briefly muted and getting warned. Is there any way to connect it to a computer and get into the software or whatever it's called and find what is responsible for the warning and disable or delete it? I have tried connecting it to my PC with a USB cable but all that does is charge it. I don't mind taking it apart, having a buddy soldier a USB cable on and risk destroying it completely as it's so damn annoying and almost unusable like this. And yes I know I could just charge it very often but the issue is it's used on a bicycle on long rides. I know I could rig up a power bank to keep it charged but would rather not. I know it's a long shot, but figured if anyone knew if this was possible it would be here at Toms. Thanks.

That warning is there for a reason and cannot be disabled or removed. From the initial description I'd lay odds that the battery is at end of life and cannot hold sufficient charge any longer. Either live with the warnings or replace the battery.

Reactions: SteveWonda

SteveWonda

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
That warning is there for a reason and cannot be disabled or removed. From the initial description I'd lay odds that the battery is at end of life and cannot hold sufficient charge any longer. Either live with the warnings or replace the battery.
When purchased new late last fall it got about 2 hours of play time at higher volumes. It still gets the same. The problem is that warning starts way too soon, at what seems like about 40% battery life remaining and is announced way too often. It is a cheap Amazon special and I'm thinking that run of these weren't programmed the way they should have been. It should start around 15-20% battery life left and let you know maybe once every 5 minutes or so, or just once. That would be bearable .

Status
Not open for further replies.