Removing old drivers from external hdd, from another computer?

Mar 16, 2018
New mobo, chipset and GPU.
Can i wipe my old chipset and drivers from the now externally plugged in old hdd?
I have red that i will encounter problems with the drivers if im not doing a clean install of windows, wich is my last resort.
getting bluescreen 0x0000003B and AODDriver2.sys with the old drivers.
like getting AmdCleanUputility to work on the separate harddrive?

Tried driversweeper but that only gets this computers drivers.
I should mention my keyboard and mouse wont work when in safemode with the old HDD with the new mobo. So i can't really do it through that computer
Ideas? Thank you for your time

Solution
Ok, i understand that's a lot of work. Sometimes this just works well, that is, changing all the hardware, and, for some reason, Windows "repairs itself".
But, frankly, that would have been luck, and as you didn't have that luck here, there isn't much of a choice, right?

My PC was broken (MoBo was gone to hell/heaven), and i bought my son a new one, took his, and just removed his old software by hand, software that dated back from the w7 --> w10 migration. It took me weeks, and much googling, without even the driver-issues you had.
Perhaps others come up with some genius idea, but from my experience, a clean install is less work, and will guarantee a system "feeling like new".

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Ok, i understand that's a lot of work. Sometimes this just works well, that is, changing all the hardware, and, for some reason, Windows "repairs itself".
But, frankly, that would have been luck, and as you didn't have that luck here, there isn't much of a choice, right?

My PC was broken (MoBo was gone to hell/heaven), and i bought my son a new one, took his, and just removed his old software by hand, software that dated back from the w7 --> w10 migration. It took me weeks, and much googling, without even the driver-issues you had.
Perhaps others come up with some genius idea, but from my experience, a clean install is less work, and will guarantee a system "feeling like new".

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

This is moving a drive with ON on it, to new hardware (motherboard) ?

There is no special sauce for this...no "delete driver" magic dust to be removed.

What OS is this?