Question Removing ram

keef_ca

Honorable
Nov 11, 2014
I have an Asrock x470 Master sli/ac. The memory slots have a tab only on one side and I am having a real problem trying to remove the memory. The tabbed side comes out fine the other side doe not release. What is the trick?

thanks, Bj

Ralston18

Titan
I just edited my post #3 to add a link to the motherboard manual.

Verify that the link is correct and the manual is indeed for your motherboard.

Before doing anything else try to provide some indication of what you are trying to remove.

Memory has two tabs.

keef_ca

Honorable
Nov 11, 2014
I just edited my post #3 to add a link to the motherboard manual.

Verify that the link is correct and the manual is indeed for your motherboard.

Before doing anything else try to provide some indication of what you are trying to remove.

Memory has two tabs.

That link is correct. There are only instructions on how to insert the ram, not remove it. I am changing mb's and need to remove this memory. My choice of works was poor. I was referring to leaver side of the memory slot and the latched (no leaver) side.

thanks

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Are you working with PCIE slots or M.2? Just need to be sure about what you are trying to remove.

---

Removing the RAM should be a matter of just lifting/pulling the modules straight up.

You would unlatch the levers on both ends making very sure that they are fully unlocked and lift each module out.

Take a bright flashlight and check the opposite end.

If there are indeed only single latches on the RAM then I will defer to @logainofhades.

I have not seen memory installed with just single latches.

logainofhades

Titan
I have seen single latch ram slots before. You slide the ram into the side that doesn't have a latch, at an angle, and then push the ram down, to engage the latch, on the opposite side. To remove, you unlatch the ram, than pull the ram away from the non latched side, at an angle, so just the opposite of installation.

Reactions: Ralston18

keef_ca

Honorable
Nov 11, 2014
I have seen single latch ram slots before. You slide the ram into the side that doesn't have a latch, at an angle, and then push the ram down, to engage the latch, on the opposite side. To remove, you unlatch the ram, than pull the ram away from the non latched side, at an angle, so just the opposite of installation.

Thanks, your instructions where right on the money. I was always a little timid to pull hard. Especially when a heat sink pulled off!

thanks again for you help.

Reactions: logainofhades