Removing rust inside of tubes

Hello,
I have an old bmx which has chrome coat outside but inside of tubes is rust not bad but id like to remove it and try to perserve the bmx.
Any ideas?
Im open to all ways of removing it, even dipping it.
Also to keep it away from rusting.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Which inner tubes are we taking about?

Trouble is the inner tubes aren't coated and prone to surface rust. Hard to deal with if can't get inside to grind. Fish oil can help. Possibly fill grease and plug.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
You can try to sandblasting them also, but if they are to long i guess it will be hard to get all of it. Also get some rustkiller and try to apply it somehow to all the rust on the inside. I think you can get rustkiller as a spray.

Finish it of with some anti-rust paint/primer. Pretty sure you can get those as spray too. Though i would recommend getting a can, and just pour the paint on one end and let it run out on the opposite end into another can. Then repeat until everything is painted on the inside. You can do this with the rust killer as well,

Use rust reformer and follow the above advice.
Rust reformer will turn the rust black and inhibit further oxidation and will paint as a primer. That's a brand name in the US, there should be something similar elsewhere. You could also find an automotive paint supply store with the products you need.