Removing Xbox app

bc2003

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
I was told that if I remove the xbox app I would see better game performance as it wouldn't be hindering certain games.

I do not have or use xbox but only pc and ps4. is this true to use the power shell and remove or does it have no effect?

Solution

You were told wrong, by an idiot that doesn't understand what it does. The xbox app is basically steam and xbox live put together, and has an OPTIONAL video recording program that will reduce game performance when active. Do not try to remove it unless you want to screw yourself over at a later date when you decide you do want to use it.

If you don't log into the app or use it, it does nothing, so if you don't want it just unpin the tile and don't use it.

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
I've removed it, but simply because I hate having things installed I just don't need. I view it as bloatware quite frankly.

However I very much doubt it will affect performance in any way, I certainly haven't noticed a difference.

You were told wrong, by an idiot that doesn't understand what it does. The xbox app is basically steam and xbox live put together, and has an OPTIONAL video recording program that will reduce game performance when active. Do not try to remove it unless you want to screw yourself over at a later date when you decide you do want to use it.

If you don't log into the app or use it, it does nothing, so if you don't want it just unpin the tile and don't use it.

Solution

Re-installing the built in packages tends to be more annoying than uninstalling them. It's best to never remove them, especially ones like xbox and cortana that are more deeply ingrained into the OS than normal ones like mail

TRENDING THREADS