[SOLVED] Render error help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SetoKaiba2

Honorable
May 3, 2016
Hi, I built my niece a gaming pc, old yes, but quite capable. She is trying to render a video but keeps on getting errors, I know nothing about video editing but se is asking my help, so now I am asking your help.
How can I post a pic of the error she sent me?

Solution
The error message tells you exactly what the problem is: "The operation failed because it would cause the application to exceed its storage quota."

Check the destination for enough room to store the file. If it's a limitation of the software then it's time for a change.
What software is this? This seems like an issue with the application not being able to write the rendered data on the destination, which could be due to multiple reasons. Make sure the application is running through an Administrator account, and try to run the app as an admin(right click on the application and click 'Run as Administrator'. Could also be a storage problem, like insufficient space or a corrupted storage device.

SetoKaiba2

Honorable
May 3, 2016
Panzoid video editor. Ok i'll tell her to try running it as admin, unfortunately I am to far away to do it myself, do you perhaps know of a better free video editor that she can use? It's for uploading gameplay videos to youtube.

Panzoid video editor. Ok i'll tell her to try running it as admin, unfortunately I am to far away to do it myself, do you perhaps know of a better free video editor that she can use? It's for uploading gameplay videos to youtube.
I've used DaVince Resolve, it's basic and easy to use but if you don't have much editing to do it'll be just fine. It's free to use.

P.S: Panzoid video editor is an online video editor, perhaps that's where the problem is... I doubt that Windows/Chrome will allow a site to store a very large video file on local storage without some permissions. I'd suggest you to tell her to install a video editor locally and use that instead.

The error message tells you exactly what the problem is: "The operation failed because it would cause the application to exceed its storage quota."

Check the destination for enough room to store the file. If it's a limitation of the software then it's time for a change.

Solution

SetoKaiba2

Honorable
May 3, 2016
Yes you guys were right, it was a storage limitation. thanx everyone for the help!! this place is always the best problem solver!! and i'll tell her to try DaVince Resolve. thanx again!

Status
Not open for further replies.