[SOLVED] Rendering CPU and unreal engine visualisation

Oct 29, 2019
Hello , i request advice and recommendations for a build which will be mostly uses for architectural visualisation renders and use of ray tracing using unreal engine . I live in india where the temperatures are usually warm and dust is ever prevalent so I would want a system which is cool enough during heavy rendering usage.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor |-
CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler |-
Motherboard | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard |-
Memory | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory |-
Memory | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory |-
Storage | Samsung 850 Pro Series 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive |-
Storage | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive |-
Video Card | Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card |-
Case | NZXT H710i ATX Mid Tower Case |-
Power Supply | Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply |-
Monitor | HP 27es 27.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor |-
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $0.00
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-29 11:41 EDT-0400 |

The other question i have is the asus graphic card or is this one from nvidia better .https://www.nvidia.com/en-in/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2070-super/

And is the one listed on the website above a founders edition card?

Other thing should i stick with nzxt h710i , because I am not a big fan of lighting but I do look the white look which would go well with the monitor which is silver . Are there any other cases with good airflow in the option of h710i?

Thank you !

Solution
Yes, that would be the founder's edition. I would not take a founder's edition card over the custom Strix cooler.

Cases are somewhat subjective. There are many cases out there designed for airflow that are superior to the closed off front of that one. Just depends on what you like. There are cases with 200mm fans in the front for maximum airflow. Cases with mesh fronts rather than solid plastic.

I like the Phanteks Enthoo series myself. Versatile and professional looking.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, that would be the founder's edition. I would not take a founder's edition card over the custom Strix cooler.

Cases are somewhat subjective. There are many cases out there designed for airflow that are superior to the closed off front of that one. Just depends on what you like. There are cases with 200mm fans in the front for maximum airflow. Cases with mesh fronts rather than solid plastic.

Solution
Oct 29, 2019

Is my build good or do u seem room for improvements in the same budget , would the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG be a good choice ?

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I am unaware what the budget is.

Monitor is fairly underwhelming, but since the main purpose is rendering. Whatever you want I guess.

Drive choices are odd, but I imagine you aren't buying an 850 Pro new, and nothing wrong with the 970 Evo.

You have the fastest consumer CPU, practically the largest available air cooler. Better to buy memory in kits, but you should have fairly decent luck buying two kits at the same time. Z390 motherboard, there are certainly fancier ones, but if you don't plan on extreme overclocking, should be fine.

9900KS is supposed to be out soon, guaranteed 5Ghz chip, but releases at $513.

Reactions: Iyra
Oct 29, 2019
I am unaware what the budget is.

Monitor is fairly underwhelming, but since the main purpose is rendering. Whatever you want I guess.

Drive choices are odd, but I imagine you aren't buying an 850 Pro new, and nothing wrong with the 970 Evo.

You have the fastest consumer CPU, practically the largest available air cooler. Better to buy memory in kits, but you should have fairly decent luck buying two kits at the same time. Z390 motherboard, there are certainly fancier ones, but if you don't plan on extreme overclocking, should be fine.

9900KS is supposed to be out soon, guaranteed 5Ghz chip, but releases at $513.
What about this case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2m...pered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-es515ptg_bk

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I didn't use them myself, I bought a set of 8 Phanteks PWM fans to go in it. Otherwise the same design, just the better control (and longer cables, which was nice), But then I water cooled everything, so I am shoving through the filters and radiators.

A third fan in the front wouldn't hurt, but there is room for 5 140mm or 7 120mm fans, so it really depends on what you are after and how much airflow you want to have. Like I said there are cases out there that come with a lot more stuff, but you will start to run into the RGB plague that has infected all the high end products.

As for replacing them, if you like Noctua, they do make some of the best fans on the market. And they even come in black now.