Reoccuring blue screen on new computer - appreciate all help!

daskelicious

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
Just built my friend a computer and when he is using it, he gets a lot of bluescreens, caused by the same driver with a frequency of around one blue screen per day. I haven't been sloppy when building or used incompatible parts. This is like my 10th computer that I have built and haven't seen a problem like this before.

I have googled around on the error codes of the blue screens but I can't find what's making the blue screens occur. I told him to download a program called Bluescreenview that lets you see the data of previous blue screens. He photographed them and send them to me.

List of blue screens in order of occurrence (the most recent on the bottom): http://imgur.com/a/EtIn7

I plead to anyone that can help me and it would mean the world to me to solve this problem. My friend just bought a new computer and of course he really wants to use it.

Thank you in advance.

PC specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3
Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) CL9 1600Mhz VENGEANCE LP
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
ASUS GeForce GTX 960 2GB STRIX DC2 OC
Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze
ADATA SSD SX900-Series 128GB
Intel Core i5 4460 3,2 GHz, 6MB
Fractal Design Define R4

Edit: some spelling errors

Solution
second bugcheck was because of a bad memory address coming out of a file filter to your virus scanner.

--------
remove windivert.sys it is a network packet injector and could cause memory corruptions.
it is used to cheat at games or to steal passwords from people (malware)
kernel was not corrupted this time. This means it is likely ok on disk and more likely that you have a bad stick of ram or bad BIOS settings for your ram. Windows loads the drivers in different places in memory on each boot to make it harder for viruses to know where to attack in memory.

do update your BIOS if you can, you have some kind of problem with your machines sleep/hibernate/wake
cycles.

otherwise, just test your memory with memtest and make sure it...
Do you have NVIDIA drivers directly or did you use a CD or download from manufacturer? Early Windows 10 drivers for NVIDIA cards were very unstable. Try downloading drivers from NVIDIA and removing old ones
Edit: Wait, is it Windows 8? Then it's probably a peripheral like a WiFi card or USB hub.

daskelicious

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015

Yeah this is windows 8, says in the thread, and since the error message are talking about a kernel, I'm sure it's not a WiFi card or USB hub

basically, a kernel in page error indicates a failure to read from a drive, in this particular case it read from the drive but got a checksum error.

--------------

you are getting CRC errors coming out of your drive subsystem
5: kd> !error 0xc000003f
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000003f (3221225535) - {Bad CRC} A cyclic redundancy check (CRC) checksum error occurred.

- I would, put my drive on a different SATA port and check its cables for bad connections (just reseat the cables)
- I would put it on a primary sata port that was supported by the CPU chipset directly rather than a external faster chipset.

- I would look to see if there are known bugs in the firmware of the sata drive and look to update the firmware.

- I would update the sata drivers for the system motherboard.
- I would update the systems BIOS or reset it to defaults.

Also, the actual memory dumps will have more data on the problems if you want to put them on a server and post a link.

you might run crystaldiskinfo.exe and check the firmware version of the solid state drive and its health data

ssd firmware update: (confirm it is the correct drive)
http://www.adata.com/en/ssd/download/169

second bugcheck was because of a bad memory address coming out of a file filter to your virus scanner.

--------
remove windivert.sys it is a network packet injector and could cause memory corruptions.
it is used to cheat at games or to steal passwords from people (malware)
kernel was not corrupted this time. This means it is likely ok on disk and more likely that you have a bad stick of ram or bad BIOS settings for your ram. Windows loads the drivers in different places in memory on each boot to make it harder for viruses to know where to attack in memory.

do update your BIOS if you can, you have some kind of problem with your machines sleep/hibernate/wake
cycles.

otherwise, just test your memory with memtest and make sure it work ok,
since both the kernel and win32k.sys had problems I would run
cmd.exe as an admin and run
sfc.exe /scannow
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

if errors are found, it hopefully will repair them.
You then should look to see why you had file corruptions in the first place.
often it can depend on how you installed the OS. IE if you installed via usb you might get this type of problem depending on bugs in the BIOS for the USB support. (fix would be to update the BIOS and USB drivers)
You might also do a malwarebytes scan to check for malware.

----------
first bugcheck was caused by memory corruption inside the windows kernel in memory.
and I could not check win32k.sys for errors.
I would start by running memtest86 to check for bad RAM or BIOS ram settings.

MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: STRIDE
-------------
machine info:
BIOS Version F7
BIOS Release Date 04/22/2015
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name Z97P-D3
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 3200MHz

memory Speed 1333MHz
Part Number CML8GX3M2A1600C9

make sure the speed, voltage and timings are set correctly in BIOS.
BIOS reports a default speed. take a look at the memory timings:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233186

Solution