Repair your computer not working

LosMajos7

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
Hello, I have a Acer Aspire 6920G, and I have a problem. I would like to make the factory default settings. When i start notebook, i am holding F8 and I get into the advanced boot options and select Repair your computer. It should start the system recovery options, but the PC is started normally. I can't get into system recovery options. You do not know what to do? I have Windows Vista SP1 32bit. I do not have a DVD with system. Thank you very much. And excuse me for my English (Google translate :D)

Solution
You're pressing the wrong key for Factory Recovery.

F8 shows the Windows options for the existing Windows installation only, the "Repair your computer" means Windows repair, not Factory Recovery.

To get to Factory Recovery you need to press and hold ALT + F10 as soon as you see the "Acer" splash screen in the boot process.

Back up your data before running Acer eRecovery! If you can't get to your data because Windows won't start, remove the drive & attach it to another PC to back up your data.

Then return the drive to your laptop and run eRecovery.
You're pressing the wrong key for Factory Recovery.

F8 shows the Windows options for the existing Windows installation only, the "Repair your computer" means Windows repair, not Factory Recovery.

To get to Factory Recovery you need to press and hold ALT + F10 as soon as you see the "Acer" splash screen in the boot process.

Back up your data before running Acer eRecovery! If you can't get to your data because Windows won't start, remove the drive & attach it to another PC to back up your data.

Then return the drive to your laptop and run eRecovery.

Solution