[SOLVED] Repairing disk errors this might take over an hour

May 21, 2020
Dell laptop just went down so I thought I'd try this forum. Remember, I know just enough to be dangerous.

W10 just froze and I got this message after trying to restart. 3 hours later the screen showed "no boot device found"

After more fiddling, I got a blue screen that gave options to restore among other options. I tried everything and nothing took. Now when I restart I get the Dell logo and everything goes black. Have tried repeatedly to start in safe mode....no luck.

I have some time sensitive docs that I need access to. What options do I have? Can I remove the hard drive and install it into a different laptop? Can this thing be fixed?

If you have ideas please be generous and give a step by step tutorial. I thank you....

Matt

Solution
Your ONLY next step would be to connect that drive as a secondary drive in some other system.
See if you can access any data on it.

Do NOT just put it in a different laptop hoping it might boot up. Do not do that.

And....this is specifically what backups are for.
Your data should never be at the mercy of a single storage device or system.

USAFRet

Titan
Your ONLY next step would be to connect that drive as a secondary drive in some other system.
See if you can access any data on it.

Do NOT just put it in a different laptop hoping it might boot up. Do not do that.

And....this is specifically what backups are for.
Your data should never be at the mercy of a single storage device or system.

Solution