Repairing Windows 7 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aion_w

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Greetings reader, I have installed windows 7 ultimate english on a laptop and now it kinda went down...does not go through the windows loading screen..I tried repairing with the same retail Windows 7 ultimate english but it kept saying "This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of Windows you are trying to repair. Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of windows." I did install another language from windows update which is now currently down...and also upgraded to Windows7 SP1..that is why I cannot use the same Windows 7 ultimate I bought earlier? another way I could get the windows running without re-installing it? safe mode does not work either nor does the launch repair thing... help...please.

Solution
You can get your crit files off you need a external USB drive and ext OS like Hiren's boot cd or something. There are plenty of options to get access to the file system and rescue your files.

captjack5169

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Honestly having been in the situation you are describing there is only one thing that I have found to do. Get your critical docs off the drive if you can and rebuild the OS. Win 7 is not really repairable in this condition unless you are into digging into the registry which is usually where the issue lies. Because you changed languages it appears to have modified the version and there for you can not repair it. I would google for options anyway, but I haven't found a way around this type of an issue and I have been there many time before with win7 and vista. Sorry mate and good luck.

aion_w

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Double checked that, When I boot from the DVD and goes to install windows screen with both 32Bit & 64Bits Version of Windows 7, Yes it is legal, Retail by the way. Im pretty sure I inserted the right disc that I used to install it on the same laptop but Its simple Windows 7 English not SP1 but I upgraded it through windows update to SP1 plus installed another language pack on it besides English....I will have to dig a grave for my self since I got no back up..

captjack5169

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
You can get your crit files off you need a external USB drive and ext OS like Hiren's boot cd or something. There are plenty of options to get access to the file system and rescue your files.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.