[SOLVED] Repaste RX 6700XT Reference worth it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 362816
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 362816

I usually don't see a need to ask a question like this but I can't seem to find any threads here or online were someone has done this. I have had great results in the past with most of my repasted cards but I have a feeling this card is held back by the cooler size and not the thermal paste being shoddy.

Anyone have an opinions on this topic?

Solution
i have a 6700xt ref. and cause of the temps i did backplate pads for the memory!
the card is very good and powerful.
but the temps are bad! up to 105c on hotspot!
the gpu itself and the vrams are 70-85max but u (or i) have a +25 on hotspot!
so i guess i buy a better card with better cooling!
The card has hotspot on gpu and on vram.
After use some pads on backplate, the vram hotspot is ok and no longer a problem!
my tower is a corsair 5000d and i use watercooling for cpu and plenty of fans, so airflow is very good!
after 2h of gaming u can easy heat up a glas of tee on the backplate! it wont boil, but u can drink a nice warm green tea^^
Apr 12, 2022
i have a 6700xt ref. and cause of the temps i did backplate pads for the memory!
the card is very good and powerful.
but the temps are bad! up to 105c on hotspot!
the gpu itself and the vrams are 70-85max but u (or i) have a +25 on hotspot!
so i guess i buy a better card with better cooling!
The card has hotspot on gpu and on vram.
After use some pads on backplate, the vram hotspot is ok and no longer a problem!
my tower is a corsair 5000d and i use watercooling for cpu and plenty of fans, so airflow is very good!
after 2h of gaming u can easy heat up a glas of tee on the backplate! it wont boil, but u can drink a nice warm green tea^^

Last edited:
Solution