Repeat issue. Brand new computer.

DeckzWookie

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
I previously made a thread at the beginning of the year, about my old computer.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1983048/constant-freezing-hanging-urgent.html

That was solved, (took a long time for me to add a solution second time posting in this forum).
Now for some reason I have the same issue/extremely similar freezing and hanging problems on an entirely new setup, completely brand new, about a year into owning my new pc.
PSU - Corsair CX750
CPU - 8350 AMD
RAM - HyperX T1 4GB Dual
Mobo - Crosshair Formula IV
GPU - HD 5770

I know the cpu isn't set for this board, but I updated the bios looked around it works. Its been working, all year so far..until about a month ago and for a reason I cannot figure out, the same issues started cropping up. Freezing/hanging. Now the first issue was due to HDD's and RAM this time, its all new. New OS Win 8.1 3 HDD's brand new. As well as everything else, I take care of my computer I don't mistreat it, I clean it regularly. I use it often could this be an issue?
When it first froze I didn't think much of it as I hadn't restarted in a couple of days. But then it started happening maybe once a week, so I began checking Even Viewer, the first few errors were just nothing significant, then after it began to happen more often, I started getting a MFTS error (I think) Master table error.. I eventually fixed that by using software to fix my hdd, then tit didn;'t freeze for about half a week. To when it began again, this time though a different error, on start up, I would get a message saying Press f1 to continue CPU fan error, that was it, no way to access my bios, at all. Pressing "del" would take me through post but end up telling me the same message, never actually entering bios. It has never done this before. But my computer would still work, just occassional freezing. Eventually the freezing started happening at least once a day. To which there was another error message in event viewer, it was about my CCC.exe (Catalyst control centre) For the graphics card. I fixed this one though, by rerolling its drivers. That now doesn't appear. How ever the freezing still exists. I have done full system clean ups. Uninstalls of software, registry clean ups. Everything. I heard it may have been cpu fan control, but as stated I cannot enter bios to change its settings, I have changed them in windows with SpeedFan, to no avail. My computer doesn't say its overheating, I regularly use CPU temp - Hm1Monitor. Now it freezes very often, I'd say almost every game within the first 20 minutes of a game, it will freeze my system. Always. And I will have to hard reset. It does not how ever happen often out of games. Though it does. But with any game, it will freeze. It started off being once a day, to twice a day, to multiple times a day. Now its almost every time I load up a game. On top of this, event viewer now shows nothing for about 2 hours up till the point I power my computer back on, after a freeze.
I know this is a huge message, please any help would be appreciated as I have been searching the forums for weeks and just can't seem to find anything related to these issues!

DeckzWookie

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014

Links as in where I bought them from? I can't remember exactly that. Might be able to if I look.

Also I reinstalled to Win7 as the system freezing was getting worse. Complete format. Didn't freeze for quite a while until I started updating Win7 HE.
I discovered using SpeedFan that there was Uncorrectable errors on my C: drive, due to this I scrapped the hdd and used a secondary, hence why I haven't responded. How ever on my new HDD it freezed again, the same way, Win7 Updates. It then corrupted my Windows not allowing me to load up my OS so I had to reinstall again, and here I am. So far only one freeze on Win7 updates, had to system restore, and did the updates one by one..Yes it took a long time, so far though, no freeze. I can watch video files with no freeze. It just seems to be from when I download/install (such as steam, League of Legends, or Win7 Updates) Thanks for replying! Greatly appreciated

DeckzWookie

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Anyone with this issue, I'd say check these things in well which ever order you feel the issue may be related to, as I had a few that each time I solved one another error cropped up.
HDD - use SpeedFan to check state/in depth analysis of hard drive. HDD had uncorrectable error counts, changed hdd main issue still persisted.
CPU - Un-mounted CPU and checked pins 2 had snapped off, one was a ground pin the other I later assume is part of the memory controller. I bent one back into position. Error didn't persist instead I got locking up on the system similar error but different.
RAM - I noticed I was lagging before freezing up, checked my ram usage and it had 2GB on hardware reserve, couldn't change it in BIOS/in OS, I had to place both sticks not in Dual Channel, instead have them run in single channel side by side. As both my dual channel slots were not registering my RAM as dual regardless of a1 - b1/a2 - b2.
After going through all of this, my computer is now seemingly running fine, minus the fact I no longer have dual channel ram. I assume its a CPU error due to missing pins. Will update when I replace my CPU and if the RAM starts running dual again. Thanks for the help everyone.