Repeated Keystrokes cause micro stuttering

justinone

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
Hey all.
I recently discovered a cause of micro stuttering i had been suffering from on most of my games which was repeated keystrokes. basically when strafing using WASD and moving the mouse it would create a micro stutter, where the keys repeating.

I managed to find a temporary fix using this

Enter the Ease of access centre (this can be accessed through Accessories after clicking Start), then click 'Make the Keyboard Easier to use'

Click 'Set Filter Keys'.

Click 'Set up Filter Keys'.

Click 'Turn on Repeat Keys and Slow Keys',and then on 'Set up Repeat Keys and Slow Keys'. Select the option to ignore all repeated keystrokes, and reduce the time option at the top to 0.0 seconds.

However, I still get a momentary stutter whenever I hit two keys. For example, strafing no longer stutters the entire time strafing but beginning to walk forward while strafing causes a brief stutter. Also, taking pressure off of the strafe key to continue to move forward also causes another brief stutter; it's aggravating.

I couldn't find any word if this can be fixed or if this is indeed the best remedy i have.

Thanks

Solution
I face this problem same as you in most of the times but i managed to solve it XP
Go to Control Panel> Device Manager> click the View option on top> Show Hidden Device> Non-Plug and Play Drivers> double click the Beep option> go to Driver option beside the General option > in the Startup type select Disable > Click OK > restart your computer > and tell the goddamn annoying Micro Stuttering problem YOLO~ :p

HawJin

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
I face this problem same as you in most of the times but i managed to solve it XP
Go to Control Panel> Device Manager> click the View option on top> Show Hidden Device> Non-Plug and Play Drivers> double click the Beep option> go to Driver option beside the General option > in the Startup type select Disable > Click OK > restart your computer > and tell the goddamn annoying Micro Stuttering problem YOLO~ :p

Solution

TRENDING THREADS