Question Repeatedly and quickly pressing the power button on the Dell P2018H monitor

osamaorabi

Prominent
May 29, 2023
I have repeatedly and quickly pressed the power button on the Dell P2018H monitor more than once.
I want to know if this will cause a problem with the monitor.

have repeatedly and quickly pressed the power button
is there a reason why you would be doing this?
and have you experienced any problem that you think may be associated?

unless it is cheaply manufactured and the button itself may become damaged(broken off, stuck in one position or the other, etc), then most likely no.

you normally shouldn't need to turn a monitor off when not using the connected system.
most modern displays have a built-in "energy saver" mode that powers down within a very short time when no output is detected.

osamaorabi

Prominent
May 29, 2023
is there a reason why you would be doing this?
and have you experienced any problem that you think may be associated?

unless it is cheaply manufactured and the button itself may become damaged(broken off, stuck in one position or the other, etc), then most likely no.

you normally shouldn't need to turn a monitor off when not using the connected system.
most modern displays have a built-in "energy saver" mode that powers down within a very short time when no output is detected.
My little brother does this. I want to know if this will affect the screen. I will convince my brother that this is wrong

My little brother does this.
but, why?
is there some problem with the screen that is trying to be fixed by turning it on & off?
want to know if this will affect the screen
there's no reason why it should if it is a higher quality display.

always possible that the diodes could be damaged by being powered on/off so often and so quickly.

osamaorabi

Prominent
May 29, 2023
but, why?
is there some problem with the screen that is trying to be fixed by turning it on & off?

there's no reason why it should if it is a higher quality display.

always possible that the diodes could be damaged by being powered on/off so often and so quickly.
No, there is no reason. I was just trying the power button

osamaorabi

Prominent
May 29, 2023
i just have to ask,
is this "little brother" part of some split-personality disorder?

so, a new question;
if just trying the power button, why would you need to repeatedly press it over & over?
maybe just seeing if it would break easily?
Yes, correct
I will not do this again
This will not affect the lifespan of the screen?