Question Replace laptop wifi card. Wifi work but bluetooth not detected

julian_mustofa

Reputable
Dec 14, 2018
I have an very old laptop. Toshiba l645
I replace wifi card with AR5B225
Wifi is work but bluetooth not recocnized in device manager. Just show on device manager>***system>qualcom atheros bluetooth bus. I mean it not showing like bluetooth device with bluetooth icon.

Try instal so many driver no one work.
And then i try it on another laptop (dell n4050) it work both bluetooth+wifi.

I already updated bios to newer version.

Is my toshiba laptop have whitelist/blacklist wifi card like (hp/lenovo)laptop??
But if its whitelisted why the wifi work?

This laptop originaly shipped with bcm94313hmgb before

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to uninstall and reinstall the drivers meant for the AR5B225 card.

Is it possible for you to list the links you tried to source the drivers for your wireless adapter card from? If the wifi adapter is pulled out of a Dell system, I'd ask you to try and source the same wireless card as you previously had. You also forgot to mention which OS you're currently working with.

julian_mustofa

Reputable
Dec 14, 2018
You might want to uninstall and reinstall the drivers meant for the AR5B225 card.

Is it possible for you to list the links you tried to source the drivers for your wireless adapter card from? If the wifi adapter is pulled out of a Dell system, I'd ask you to try and source the same wireless card as you previously had. You also forgot to mention which OS you're currently working with.
Thanks for answering

-This ar5b225 is came from asus K45DR before, so i downloaded driver from asus website.. i also try different driver, many driver i try still no luck..

Then i try to installed original wifi card from this laptop (bcm94313hmgb)
Installed bluetooth driver.. still not work and also didnt recocnized on device manager at all..

Try another wifi card again,now (dell dw1550 wifi card)
Still bluetooth doesnt recocnized

All this card only work for wifi not for bluetooth at all this card

Then i think maybe my keyboard Fn key was doesnt work properly, in download toshiba function key driver
Still not work for (fn+f8) which is for turning on/off wirelles device

I use windows 7 and 8. For this laptop. Both not recocnized bluetooth at all the card that i try