Sep 26, 2021
I recently purchased a GIGABYTE AORUS 3080 Ti with a built in water block, without realizing that I would need to liquid cool it. I cannot return the card and am also looking into selling/trading it for something that works better.

Those options aside, would I be able to remove the water block and replace it with a fan cooler? Is this a reasonable idea? If so, does anyone have any recommendations on particular coolers that would be compatible with the card.

For reference, this is a link to the card on newegg:

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-gv-n308taorusx-wb-12gd/p/N82E16814932463?Item=N82E16814932463

Solution
I'll try to find it, but good luck either way. I actually posted that in the wrong place, but it's all good.

I think it's unlikely you are going to find what you are looking for because looking at that card and the information I can find on it it looks like Gigabyte used a custom PC board for that water cooled model, which means that it is highly doubtful there is going to be any other, air cooled models, that utilized the same PC board and without that, or some serious modding skills, I don't see it happening.

I think your best bet if you don't want to run a water cooled loop is to sell the card to somebody who does want to and find another card that's already air cooled. Not what you want to hear I'm sure, but usually that's how...
Sep 26, 2021
Sorry for the confusion, but this is the first time I have posted on here. I have looking for any posts with similar issues so if you have the link to the post you're referencing, I'd appreciate it. There might be something helpful in there for me.

I'll try to find it, but good luck either way. I actually posted that in the wrong place, but it's all good.

I think it's unlikely you are going to find what you are looking for because looking at that card and the information I can find on it it looks like Gigabyte used a custom PC board for that water cooled model, which means that it is highly doubtful there is going to be any other, air cooled models, that utilized the same PC board and without that, or some serious modding skills, I don't see it happening.

I think your best bet if you don't want to run a water cooled loop is to sell the card to somebody who does want to and find another card that's already air cooled. Not what you want to hear I'm sure, but usually that's how this turns out for cards with custom water cooling built into the model.

Solution
Sep 26, 2021

I think your best bet if you don't want to run a water cooled loop is to sell the card to somebody who does want to and find another card that's already air cooled. Not what you want to hear I'm sure, but usually that's how this turns out for cards with custom water cooling built into the model.
Yeah, I think youre probably right. Just having a hard time finding someone for a trade or sale, but guess I've gotta be patient. Let me know if you do find that other post.