Question Replaced motherboard.

Raymond_52

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2017
Hello all,
Last week I replaced my dead board with a new one [ same chipset x99 ] just a different board. I did'nt need to re install windows 10 Pro and it appears to be working ok, but I would like to do a fresh instal to keep things clean. Can I use Reset this PC as I would normally do ? bearing in mind the new board. I have my product key and used windows to confirm that no OEM is present in firmware.
thanks.

"Fresh install" implies that you mean "clean install".

Clean install means deleting all partitions during the install procedure using a USB flash drive containing Microsoft's own downloadable Media Creation Tool. No more and no less and not a "reset".

Raymond_52

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2017
Sorry that was my faulty explanation, No I just want to do a reset I used to do it about once every year and just wondered if I could still do a reset this pc considering the board change.

did'nt need to re install windows 10 Pro...
unless this is the exact same model board you will want to do a clean reinstall.

there are many drivers loaded specifically for each board.
any new driver packages you may install from the board manufacturer may conflict with those existing.
you may not actually notice a difference now, but performance can be compromised and later issues will usually surface.

Can I use Reset this PC as I would normally do ? bearing in mind the new board
you would be better off just removing all but the disk planned to house the OS,
wiping all previous OS partitions,
and performing a fresh install using the latest Media Creation Tool and install package provided by MS.