[SOLVED] replaced old PSU with new one, worked for one night then refused to switch on the next day

Jan 21, 2020
my old corsair PSU died on me so i replaced it with a Pure power 11 700w PSU, i wired everything up and it all powered up correctly and i even managed a bit of light gaming for a couple hours, roll on the next day the other half switched on the computer and it refused to switch on, the strange thing is that it is doing the same thing the previous PSU did, the computer switches on for a split second, the fans spins for a sec and then it powers off, this goes on in a repeating cycle until i switch it off.

I have done the paper clip test, fan spins constantly on the new PSU, though im not sure if that means it works, short of removing the mother board i have removed everything from the mother board and it still does the same thing, have i got a dud PSU?

i have tested it by removing RAM sticks with still no affect.

I am going to see if a friend would test the PSU on one of his old rigs to see if it works but im starting to really suspect that the motherboard is on its way out its a Ranger 7 if that helps.