[SOLVED] Replacement for 3080

Danovic

Honorable
Aug 14, 2016
Hello community,
i was waiting for the 3080 release and now i cant get one at a reasonable price. The prices here in Germany are over 1200€ and i dont want to pay that much.

If someone can recommend me a replacement for 3080 for around the same price (700€) or less. I cant wait much longer, because i need a PC asap.

The games i want to play are Rust, GTA V, CS:GO... on very high settings with 240hz monitor

Shops i use are: Cyberport.de Mediamarkt.de Saturn.de Mindfactory.de

PC Parts that i already have are:
MSI MEG Z490 ACE
i9-10900k
Alienware 240Hz G-Sync
Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic

best regards

Solution
As above, only gpu’s close are 6800XT or 6900XT but they are not exactly the same. Main difference is Ray Tracing and DLSS2.0, just Google some reviews to see more on these.

GPU prices are insane right now due to no supply, even older secondhand cards are ridiculously priced because of this. The only options are wait (which could still be measured in months), settle for what you can find for €700 or pay the insane prices.

It is mad. I was very lucky and got a 3080 on release. I could actually sell it to a shop that trade in secondhand electronics for £100 more than I paid and they will then mark up £200-£300 to sell as secondhand. I am not actually going to sell it but looked out of curiosity.

DeanTH23

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Only 6900XT can compete with the 3080 and it's price is probably high too.( In my country it costs 1800€ ).

You should wait for prices to drop...Maybe you can get a GTX 10 or 16 Series GPU for now and then sell it, when the RTX 3000/RX 6000 prices get better.

As above, only gpu’s close are 6800XT or 6900XT but they are not exactly the same. Main difference is Ray Tracing and DLSS2.0, just Google some reviews to see more on these.

GPU prices are insane right now due to no supply, even older secondhand cards are ridiculously priced because of this. The only options are wait (which could still be measured in months), settle for what you can find for €700 or pay the insane prices.

It is mad. I was very lucky and got a 3080 on release. I could actually sell it to a shop that trade in secondhand electronics for £100 more than I paid and they will then mark up £200-£300 to sell as secondhand. I am not actually going to sell it but looked out of curiosity.

Solution